t e n

the next saturday, felix came to august's house, do nothing but spend their times together as always.

they were in august's room, playing playstation and screaming like a maniac for hours. after playing need for speed and felix keep on winning, they decided to just play some barbie games that she accidentally bought to relax their muscles for a while.

"hell yeah. this barbie game is quite interesting." stated felix, leaning on the leg of the bed and huffed a tired sighed after hours of playing games. he then turned to look at august who is still engrossed playing the game alone.

"hey, buddy. i wanna ask you something."

"wait, hold up, lix. can you help me tie my hair into a ponytail? my hair keep on distracting me i'm about to lose my patience." complained august. felix then just do what she asked him to do. he tied her hair gently and caressed her head for a while.

"you ever have deep late night thoughts?" felix questioned, hand still gently stroking august's hair while the girl leaning on his torso while playing games.

"yeah! one of them is, if you ever have a slight feeling of affection for me, which is never will be, i wanted to tell you beforehand that you better have that kind of feelings towards ruby and not me. she is smarter than me, prettier than me and she is better in most likely everything than me. i mean, it was just some random thought though, nothing serious. it's not that you like me right? all we did was fighting and bickering but you really made me happy, lix."

august flowed out the words so smoothly even though her eyes are still focusing on the games. felix stopped stroking her hair as he heard her response.

"why would you think that i will never have feelings for you?" felix questioned, he felt like some of his heart strings were snapped one by one, but slowly.

"of course you would not! plus, i am liking someone." stated august, not aware that the cute freckled boy's expression is already changed.

they were friends since fifth grade, and felix admitted that there is always a reason to why he still stay being friends with her ever since then. he wouldn't just stay with her because he wanted to be her friend only. yes, felix likes to be around august. but he could have just left her and join the other guys, yet deep in the core of his heart he is keeping something.

he had shown so much hints, but the girl is too dumb to even think about it.

all the gestures and treatments. he meant it for the girl to get even the slightest idea of him liking her. from giving her a piggy back ride from school to home sometimes, keeping scrunchies on his wrists and tying her hair into a very neat ponytail whenever she felt distracted by it, take care of her whenever she is sick, breaking school rules just to spend times with her, gives her cuddles whenever she wanted, literally everything for her. yet she is blind.

he is a poem but she cannot read it.

"hey, you there? you sleep or sumn? why are you suddenly so quiet?" coming back to his sense after zoning out for a while, he continued stroking her hair.

"uh, yeah, i'm here." felix whispered.

"you listen to me? i was saying that i might have grown a very huge liking on sky."

"r-really? i, i gotta go, auggie. see you at school." he got up from his position and without turning to look at the girl, he walked out of the room and left the girl in confusion.