Chapter 19

Joyce couldn't move a muscle, the pain in her chest from Brenner's torture, the bullet inside her leg and all the scratches she had because of the glass. Jonathan was gone to the street to ask for help while she stayed in the ground with Will by her side.
-Mom, are you awake?
-Yes, I won't go back to sleep. Not so soon.
-I can't let you fall asleep. I need you here with me! -says Will with tears on his eyes.
-Oh, sweet heart I will never leave you!
Joyce starts crying while hugging strongly Will. Jonathan arrives with doctors behind him. They gasp as they see Joyce's aspect, they run to help her.
-Joyce!
She hears a voice, and looks up.
-O-Owen?
-Joyce what happened to you?
-B-Brenner and...uhh...
She sighs and closes her eyes, she was to weak to keep talking. Her heart was beating so slowly, she could barely feel her lungs inflate with the air.
She then feels herself being carried on someone's arms. Jonathan was taking her to the ambulance. She heard a voice echoing on the skies.
-Joyce, I don't know when you're going to come to me again. I don't even know if I am going to be able to feel your arms around me. Your lips touching mines, your soft hair. Your small hands touching my face, while mines touch yours.
Joyce tries to say Hopper's name but instead she opens her eyes slightly to see where she was. She could see Owens mouth opening and closing as he spoke to Jonathan who was saddly looking at her. She looked up and saw the roof of the ambulance.
Then Hopper's voice continued echoing and it said:
-...truth is, I miss you. We miss you. We need you, and I don't no how longer can I stay sat in here, looking at you...
Joyce opened her eyes slightly again, she was at the hospital already. She saw doctors around Will and Jonathan to take care of them. Her head was laid on a soft pillow, she looked at the ceiling once more and the voice was starting to vanish, she could barely hear it.
-.....If you can hea...I love you....the kids miss...I can't wait until you open your eyes....
Hopper's voice could not be heard anymore. She opened her eyes as she hears his last echoed words.
-Hopper?
Joyce looked around and saw her body connected to some wires.