03. act one track three

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.
。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。
.・。.・゜.・゜・。.
thanksgiving eve !
・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.
。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。
.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

i give this chapter to the song

...mad at you by why don't we

CURRENT SETTING - elliot's mom's house

for the first time in weeks, elliot felt at peace. she was home and she needed her mother more than she cared to admit. over summer, her parents had gotten a divorce and her father moved to florida, so she found herself coming home to visit more often. varo wasn't home from ucla yet so it was just her and her mom meal prepping, dancing around the kitchen, and laughing. alewent to the airport to pick up alvaro and they wouldn't be back until later. it felt good to be with her mom and she couldn't wait until she was surrounded by her entire family.
"knock knock." a familiar voice sounds throughout the house.
elliot squirms uncomfortably, already knowing who was at the door. her eyes dart straight down to the pie she was making as mattia walks into the kitchen.
"mattia, mijo, how are you." a smile dawns on her mother's face as she engulfs alejandro in the tightest hug.
she knew her mother and mattia were close but she couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness in her chest.
"hi mama kendrick." his voice hides a smile.
"elliot, where are your manners? saludar a mattia." her mom demands.
"hi mati," a sickingly sweet smile on her face and her tone is sweet. "disculpe mamá, voy al baño."
she pushes past mattia and heads straight to her bedroom. she checked her phone and found that kinsley had called her twice and sent her a text.

kin 🥺hey babe kin 🥺i'm stuck at home for the day with my dad but i'll see you as soon as i can

kin 🥺
hey babe
kin 🥺
i'm stuck at home for the day with my dad but i'll see you as soon as i can

els 💗
that's okie we're not doing much around here anyway.
els 💗
mattia showed up

kins 🥺
you're fucking lying

els 💗
he's in the kitchen w my mom now
els 💗
speaking of, she's calling me down. i'll call you later

kins 🥺
okay
READ

when elliot reaches the kitchen, the sight before her unwilling melts her heart. her mom and alejandro were kneading pie dough and giggling with each other. she almost didn't want to ruin the moment. almost.
"booger!" she wraps her arms around his torso and kisses his back lightly. "when did you get here?"
"just a bit ago." he turns to face her and kisses her forehead gently.
"alright enough you two," alvaro fake gags and covers his eyes. "my eyes they burn."
"i hate you." elliot laughs.

published august 18th 2020
edited november 17th 2020