17. act two track eleven

¸¸·¯·¸¸·¯·¸¸¸·¯·¸¸·¯·¸¸
FEBRUARY 28TH, 2021
¸¸·¯·¸¸·¯·¸¸¸·¯·¸¸·¯·¸¸

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸FEBRUARY 28TH, 2021¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

i give this chapter to the song...

sweet creature by harry styles

...sweet creature by harry styles

the day was rainy in jersey and wind was crisp as elliot sat in her bay window, at peace with watching the rain trickle down from the heavens. she'd finally made her way back home from the two weeks she'd spent with alejandro and she already missed him severely. he was graduating from georgetown this year with a degree in and their plans to move in together seemed to start moving faster than they expected. so here she sat. in her bay window, her computer in front of her, ale on facetime, and a cup of her mother's special hot chocolate beside her. nothing felt better than being at home with her mom and amber and still being able to go to school for her degree.
"what about this one?" she asks alejandro, who's filling out the last question on his homework of the day.
"hold on babe. i'm almost done." he says, barley even looking up at her.
"i'm going to go take my cup downstairs. i'll be right back."
he nods and his eyes dart right back down to his paper. amber and her mom both were in the kitchen, beginning to make dinner.
"hey mami. hi ambs. what's for dinner?"
she grabs both their attention and smiles, happy to see her mom and her best friend getting along. she places her mug in the sink and leans against the counter.
"just some lasagna and garlic bread." her mom grins back at her.
"mm that sounds delicious."
"hey, you and ale still looking at apartments?" amber asks.
"yeah we're on facetime right now. speaking of, i should get back to him but i'll see you two a little bit later."
when elliot gets back to her room, she hears ale on the phone with someone unfamiliar.
"yeah she's back in jersey and ambers with her so it's safe."
what the hell and who the hell is he talking to? she decides to pretend she didn't hear anything and gather more information from him.
"yeah she could be back any second so i should go."
once she knows for sure he's hung up, she closes her door to stimulate the illusion that she'd just gotten back.
"hey you ready to look at the apartments now?" elliot smiles.
"yeah of course."
"great i have three picked out and they don't even need an application fee."
"that's great."
elliot pulls up the first place she looked at and throws the bait.
"so i was thinking. mom and amber are going out of town tomorrow and i don't wanna be alone in the house so i was planning to drive up to see you again, is that okay?"
"no!" ale basically screams. "um i mean, i'm really busy and i wouldn't want you to waste your time coming up here for nothing."
"yeah okay. right. i'll just stay here and and look at places." the fake sadness in her voice told ale everything he needed to know.
"you heard me earlier, didn't you?"
"yeah i did. i'm going back to looking alone." she snaps before hanging up.
"fuck." alejandro breathes and dials her number back quickly.
straight to voicemail. declined. she wasn't answering his calls and if he didn't calm her down, his surprise would be ruined. so he decided to call her mom and explain the situation.
"well mijo, i would still continue with the surprise and just give her the rest of the day to cool off. we all know how dramatic elliot can be." noelia reassures alejandro.
"you're right. i'll see you guys tomorrow."