chapter 1

*beep beep beep* i slapped the alarm silent and groaned, i slowly got out of bed as i moaned. Another day in school. Great. I got up and looked in the mirror i slightly smiled and then frowned. I shook my head and chuckled. I walked over to my dresser and started to pull my cloths out. I went to the kitchen and was greeted by my parrot Curro and my dog spots, i named my parrot curro since it reminded me of where i come from. Hi my name is Monica Takana, i am 15 years old and and my quirk is cat. Yup thats it cat. I can do anything a cat can. I can see in the dark, am flexible, i can jump really high, i have cat ears and a cat tail and very sharp fangs, have great hearing and i have sharp nails, well i keep them sharp. I also do some training of my own so am really strong compared to other people. Am sorta oblivious and sort of an air head too, i mean am dumb okay. I was abandoned when i was nine, my mom was not the best she was never home and my dad was alcoholic, so one day they put me in the car and took me with and old lady which i assumed was my grandma. And ever since then i never seen them again.

"Am heading out nona" i shirpped

"Okay dear stay safe!" she said back.

I walked down the street down to school, i was sorta was looking around at my surroundings.

I finally arrived and just great i saw the purple haired girl that always made fun of me, Lyla tokyama. I took in air and walked forward keeping my head up.

"Oh look who it is!" i heard Lyla say. Damnit.

I click my tongue and turned to her and smiled, she had a smirk on her face. I looked into her purple eyes and she looked into my yellow eyes.

"Ah yes ugly as usual with your stupid scar on your eye, your boring black hair and just your dull personality!" she hummed

I took in a deep breath and thought out on what to say and i knew exactly on what to say.

"Well at least am not a wooden floor bord" i said flatly

She gasped and whipped her ponytail and sashed away. Jeez i hated her sashaing.  I let out a sigh and walked to my classroom. I sat down and got ready for another day of boring talk. But the only bright thing about this was that i will soon be taking thee entrance exam to UA highschool! I will become a pro hero and and if my "parents" are watching i will prove to them i was not a disappointment. I smiled to myself i was confident that i would be able to do this, besides me and lyla were the only ones with quirks in our school. Surprisingly. Lylas quirk was mind control, she could take control of the person she looks at and has power over them for at least 40 seconds. But it wasn't a great quirk, if i do say so myself. I heard the bell and that was signaling the start of school.

I stretched as i heard the last bell of school ring. I packed my bag and started walking down the hallway as i heard the taunting laughter of the girls eco down the hallway i kept waking my chin up and not showing a sign that it affected me in any way. I kept walking like that until i was out of sight. I went on the street towards home, i checked if anyone i knew was around. No one in sight. Then i let tears drop down my face. Why did everyone hate me so much? Why did no one like me? I know why... am just a freak show simple like that, i closed my eyes and clenched my hands into fists and punched in front of me thinking there was no one, but i felt something i opened my eyes and looked down to see a boy with green fluffy hair.

"OHMYGOSHAMSOSORRY!" i said quickly

"Its fine dont worry about it hehe you just hit my shoulder and i lost my balance thats all." he replied

"Am so sorry, my name is Takana Monica" i said quickly

"Hello am Izuku Midorya." he said with a smile

I looked at him up and down, he was short. Well am 5'7 the majority of people are short to me. We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes until i decided to break the silence.

"Well see you around midoriya!" i said as i waved and walked off

He waved and smiled and walked the other direction.

A few minutes passed until i got home. I pulled out the keys to the apartment and unlocked the front door. I stepped inside. It was oddly quite... too quite.

"Nona am home!" i yelled out.

I looked around and walked inside, i went into the kitchen and there i saw nona on the floor. I screamed and ran over to her side. I put my ear to her nose to see if she was still breathing. She wasn't. I felt tears swell up in my eyes, i quickly grabbed my phone and dialed the emergency number. I explained through sobs what happened and told me they were on their way to get her body, they hung up and i cried until they got here.