XXXII

October 16th_________

October 16th
_________

I caressed her belly while she was fast asleep. I watched my fingers gently move on her stomach as my baby "girl" moved in motion with me. I planted small kisses and whispering sweet little nothings to her so she could know that we were both going take great care of her.

I still couldn't sleep even though it's been a week since the incident with Micah. It was just the thought of knowing her and my baby was in danger but the scary fact of how violated Micah felt that day. I feel like I did something wrong not being able to protect her well "them" and that's my biggest job. Even though she says I shouldn't blame myself for his actions I'm feeling every bit of guilt.

We spoke to the doctor and our princess is fine I was told he didn't hit her in the stomach which calmed my spirits down but Micah was still left with other bruises that shouldn't have been there at all.

Micah doesn't believe I should go to the police about it because she thinks they wouldn't care since we were "black" which is true in a way but it wouldn't hurt to try. If not I was going find him myself and it wasn't going be pretty.

My phone ranged I quickly turned the ringer off to not wake Micah since she hasn't gotten a good night rest. I didn't know the number it was unknown but I answered.

"Who's speaking?" I said quietly getting up from the bed to walk out the room.

"Don't act like you don't know who I am Corbyn." She spoke through the phone. I rolled my eyes knowing exactly who it was.

"What the fuck you want from me!?" I tried my best not to yell but this woman was trying it.

"I want everything we had back Corbyn the fuck! You and that new bitch don't got nothing compared to me." We was supposed to be together forever like you said remember." She yelled.

"Your delusional as fuck." I said.

"Corby-." I hung up the phone I didn't want to hear any last words she had to say to me. I blocked the number shortly after. The women I've been with in the past always seem to haunt you when you doing good. Dick hungry ass females.

I threw my hoodie over my head and got up quietly so the bed couldn't squeak as Micah was slumped out on the other side.

I'm glad I've changed and grown over the years leaving all the dirt in the past. I knew a lot of people was going chase after me once I started bettering myself I just had to make sure my spot was secure because ain't nobody taking me out the game.

Meeting Micah was probably one of the best goals I've achieved throughout my life. Having a woman who understand you and not everything on the outside. She carrying my baby now which means I gotta do better just for the both of em.

I walked my way downstairs as my head was suffocating in my thoughts. The apartment was freshly clean. No leftover weed or lean bottles on the tables. Condoms ain't here like they usually is. Life really bout to change for a nigga.