Chapter 2: Actions

The next morning I woke up and saw that I had a text message from Alyssa.
"Hey, we're having another get-together at Jamie's house, wanna come?" It read.
"Sure" I texted back.
"Ok I'll pick you up at 1:00."
It was 11:20. I had a little bit of time. I got up and took a shower. Then I had breakfast and I wanted to watch some tv. By the time I finished my breakfast though, it was 12:50. Crap. Instead of watching tv I went upstairs and got my stuff ready quickly. I went outside, locked the door and waited.
When we got to Jamie's, everyone was already there- including Luke. I made my way to where everyone was and unlike yesterday, Luke didn't even look at me. It was like I wasn't even there. I tried to sit by him but he got up immediately and went to get something to eat. No one else seemed to notice though, so I started socializing with everyone else. I was actually having a good time. We all wanted to watch a movie so we headed to where the big tv was. Before I joined everyone I went to the bathroom. I came back and there was only one spot left on one of the couches. It was by Luke. I didn't even get close to the couch when he got up and told everyone he had to leave. Coincidence? I don't think so. I didn't understand. Did he hate me? I couldn't think of anything I did that would offend him.
A few weeks passed and Luke kept acting the same way. He would never make eye contact with me, avoided me, and usually wouldn't go somewhere if I was there. I was almost convinced he hated me. Now, I was at home watching tv pondering about this, when the doorbell rang. I opened it, it was Alyssa.
"Hi Alyssa" I said.
"Hey! So, funny story: I'm redecorating my room and needed help painting, so I asked everyone a while ago if they could help and almost all of them bailed last minute..." She said.
"Oh..? So do you want me to help?" I asked.
"That would be great!! We can go now if you want!" She said eagerly.
"Ok I just need to get changed. Come in, it won't take long." I said opening the door wider. After she came in, I ran up to my room and into my closet. I quickly took off my clothes and put on a random black shirt that was tighter than I expected, my old torn up skinny jeans, and my old black Converse. Then I grabbed my bag and we headed out. When we got to her house I started painting almost immediately. There was something I liked about it. It was so peaceful. She was painting her room a light blue-ish color. It was nice.
"Shoot. I left most of the stuff I need in the basement somewhere." Alyssa said, and then started heading out of her room saying,"I'll be in the basement! If I'm not back in an hour, start worrying. It's creepy down there." I laughed. When she was gone, I just kept painting. The only thing I was missing was music. I started thinking of songs. Then I started humming, and then singing.
"It's all about you....
It's all about you..
Yesterday you asked me something I thought you knew...
So I told you with a smile,
It's all about you
...hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm...
hold me close and say three words, like you used to do...
Dancing on the kitchen tiles, it's all about you...."
"Oh hey Luke where are you going?"
I heard Alyssa say. I froze instantly.
"I have a thing. Sorry." He said, and I heard the main door open and close. Then Alyssa came through the door carrying a box of supplies.
"Did you tell him I was coming?" I asked her as she put the box down.
"I didn't think I needed to." She answered.
"Ok. He hates me." I said putting my brush down.
"What?" She asked.
"Haven't you noticed? He never talks to me and he avoids me at all times." I said anxiously.
"Well he can't hate you. You're awesome" she said.
"Thanks but, he just doesn't like me. It's obvious."
"My guess would be that maybe he likes you, but we were talking the other day and he told me that he had a crush. Her name's Danielle." She said and I nodded. My heart felt a little weird then. I don't know what is was, but I knew I didn't like it.
We finished her room and went to get milkshakes. When we finished our milkshakes, she dropped me off back at home. I just got ready for bed, and tried to sleep, but I couldn't shake off what Alyssa had said. Luke had a crush. This felt so strange. I pictured him in my mind. Tall, blonde hair in a perfect quiff, amazing blue eyes, and that lip ring he had. I ended up falling asleep at 3am. I really needed to stop thinking about him. After all, he did hate me.