Chapter 3: New Memories

The sun peaked over the mountains, small rays of the warm sun streaked into my bedroom light caressing my face pulling out of the deep slumber I was in. I moaned slowly opening my eyes to be greeted by a beautiful red orange sunrise. I smiled sliding out of bed towards the balcony, the cool brisk air came in through the open balcony door, I opened it further stepping out on to the balcony to watch Ra rise up above the mountains. As I watched the sun I could not help but feel that something is missing in my life. Almost like a memory that was taken away, I just shook my head heading back into my room to start to dress for another long school day. I walked down the stairs only to stop at the edge of the door to listen to what my parents were talking about.

“Who was that boy who dare to hold my daughter in such a way?!” My father frustratingly growled slamming his fist into the counter making me jump back in surprise.

“Dear I’m sure it’s nothing to over react about, she home safe and sound that’s all we can ask for.” My mother calmly stated.

“But what did he mean by leaving a special gift for her?” He said, my eyes widened turning back around running up the stairs into my room. There on the stand next to the bed laid an innocent black rose with a small card under neither it. I walked over to the stand, staring at the rose I gently pick it tracing my fingers along the delicate petals as the memories flooded back into my mind. Grabbing the card flipping it opened to read the short sentence.

Thank You for the special night, I leave a black rose for one who holds the most beauty.

                                   Yami

I blushed a deep red staring at each word when I felt something pick my finger. I pulled my fingers away from the roses thorns looking at my finger that slowly dripped down falling onto the petals below. With every drop the time within the room slowed down, the third drop slowly crashed onto the rose, emitting a bright that surrounded the room. as the light dimmed I opened my eyes to see the black rose was no more, now standing within my hand was a deep crimson red rose with gold tint to it. My mouth dropped it was so beautiful, I smiled clipping a part of the rose steam off and removing the thorns before lightly tucking the steam behind my right ear. I looked at my self in the mirror everything was perfect, I walked down stairs to see my father there standing at the bottom waiting for me.

“Siria can we talk about that guy who dropped you off last night?” He asked lightly pulling me to side.

“Sure what’s up?” I asked resting my back against the wall.

“What did he mean by a special gift?” He asked trying not to lose his temper.

“Oh! He gave me this rose isn’t it beautiful?” I smiled lightly tucking my hair behind my ear. He just stared at me before walking out the front door slamming it closed; I blinked shaking my head. I walked into the kitchen to see my mom sitting on the bench watching my father yelled at the world. She just looked over at me and smiled seeing that I had finally changed my appearance.

“Dear don’t worry about him I think he’s just upset a boy brought you home last night.” She glanced back to my father hoping he would do something irrational.

“Yeah I kind of guessed that, but it’s better than me being forced into a sex slavery.” I said biting off a piece of toast before running out the front door heading to school. I slowly walked, enjoying the fresh morning air as the smell of cherry blossom came across from the church grounds. I looked up to see a gleaming white limo pass by, I cocked my head to the side before sticking in my headphones continuing down the path. As I crossed the street to school ground I looked back to see a black cat following me around, I stopped holding my hand out to pet the strange black cat when a deep voice caused the cat to run away.