Prologue - Welcome to the Club

Sitting on rooftops and staring at the night sky was your favorite pastime. Especially when you're covered in the blood of the couple you murdered a few stories down.

You hated to admit it, but killing was getting boring. Even if you did have a reputation to hold up, it wouldn't hurt to try something new. Maybe try to stalk someone instead of barging in their home and killing them in bitter blood. Your mind was a puzzle, and you wanted to solve it. Bad.

'They should be up here..'

The sound of someone's thoughts broke you out of your trance. They were looking for you, but they didn't sound like a normal police officer. Their thoughts were cold. Not only that, but they also had a strange static in the back of their mind.

You didn't hear the door to the roof open, yet you felt the person behind you. Did they teleport?

"Never expected to be contacted by il Diavolo himself." You replied, turning your head slightly to see him out of the corner of your eye. He had a tall, muscular build that he hid cleverly under his suit. His hair was tied back under his fedora and his green eyes practically glowed. Even in this dim light, you could see he was irked at your words. Was he not expecting you to see him, or was he actually Il Diavolo?

"Hello there." Stated the man behind you. His voice almost made you tremble. Jeez, now it seemed like he was the devil.

'They knew about me before I even spoke. I mean, they are a serial murderer. Now, time to ask them if they'd like to join.'

"Join what exactly?" You asked, causing the man's eyes to widen, although, only for a moment.

'Well. If you can hear this, a special group in the mafia. It's referred to as 'La Unita Speciale'.'

"Well then, the mafia? That's new... Sure, why not, I'm bored anyway."

This man already found out my main ability. Sure, you partially gave it away, but he managed to barely do double-take. You stood and brushed off your trench coat. Thankfully, you always kept it clean of blood. Your white sweater though, drenched in red. You placed your hands in your pockets only to feel a piece of paper in your right one.

"If you can tell by now, there's an envelope in your trenchcoat. Head to that location in 2 days at 11 am. There you will be situated."

You nodded, noting the man's thoughts had quickly faded as he descended the building. Was that his ability? Could he teleport? Best not make assumptions, as you could slightly feel when he activated his ability, although slightly.

Didn't expect to join the mafia but hey, whataday.

+——+

Arriving home, you took of your trench coat and placed the envelope on the kitchen counter. You then threw the rest of your clothing in the laundry. You changed into a purple sweater and some sweatpants and practically lunged onto your bed.

You were joining the mafia, (Y/N). You should give yourself a nickname. Your killer name, or Doro? Doro seems good.

You curled up onto your side, the sound of rain starting to fall tapped against your window. It was going to be a quiet night. A quiet night in a quiet life. (Just by declaring that now you feel like an entirely different murderer). You sighed, slowly drifting off to sleep.

+——+

You awoke to the sun shining through your windows. You looked at the time,6:00. You sat up, kept your sweater, and put on a pair of jeans with golden studs. You made breakfast and did some chores. You weren't going to be at the house tomorrow so you had to make up for it by cleaning extra. You finally relaxed, looking at the time, 9:15.

You decided on checking the envelope, it wouldn't be awful. Besides, it'd be easier to find later.

You grabbed the envelope and sat down on your couch. You carefully opened the small orange envelope and pulled out a single piece of paper. It had two strings of numbers separated by a comma.

"Coordinates. Seems generic." You muttered walking to your room and grabbing your laptop. You sat back down and after some searching entered it, revealing a... cafe? "What, does he want to have brunch with his mom next?" You said with a sigh. It probably wasn't going to be the guy who asked you to join. By the way, how important was he? He was maybe a capo or even the boss's right-hand man. An interesting thought.

"Well, I guess I should meet up with them. A coffee would be nice after all." You confessed.

Standing, you closed your laptop and put the paper in the envelope. Should you hide it, get rid of it? You decided to put it in one of your trench coats many pockets.

Maybe you should get a coffee.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

(Sorry if this is shorter than normal.)

(Diavolo be crushin? O-O)

(Guess who you're gonna be meeting?)

(Doppio soft boy, eat goldfish.)