Sonata

I never knew how close I could grow to another Color in so little time.

After our initial visit with Noah, we had been over to his house every single day since. Finn had grown a lot more comfortable with Noah and I being friends despite his initial discomfort. The first day, he had grown jealous almost over the fact that Noah wanted me to touch his hand. The last thing I wanted was to make Finn uncomfortable.

I had quickly come to realize that he didn't really like it when Noah called me "Millie" either, so I made sure to correct him every time with an "It's Mildred".

I had taken so many boxes of tea at this point, Noah had a supply that would last him for a few months. I had also brought over a new kettle that he almost refused to accept at first. He was practically living in heaven when I brought over a jar of honey and some sugar.

Finn was happy to see his friend happy, I could tell that at least. He still seemed very weary of the fact that I was bringing so many things over though. He still snuck us into the Grey every single time, and he had completely shut down when I had asked if I could meet his mother again.

I felt as if I didn't quite make the best impression on her when we first met. It was awkward the entire time and not to mention how uncomfortable it grew when I accidentally touched Finn. I figured that we were passed that already but Finn's mind wasn't on the same track as mine.

I figured that I could make him more comfortable if he met my own parents though, and he was hesitant at first. He warned up to the idea quickly despite his initial doubts though, and now we were on our way.

We had been practicing a lot lately with how he acts and speaks. He had improved so quickly and I was honestly impressed. He had gotten almost halfway through the dictionary I had given him and that was a feat in itself. His dialect and accent grew stronger and he had gotten everything down for how to act in front of my parents. He was so willing to learn and I loved that about him.

"So we'll go down and sneak out before coming in through the front door, okay?"

Finn nodded as I carefully moved some of his curls around his head and perfectly into place. He had used my shower again to clean up and even let me help him put some product into his hair. He was dressed up a bit nicer than usual and I was proud of myself for how well I had done.

We got downstairs and I stopped at a corner as I saw my parents sitting in the living room. I sighed before looking to Finn and back to them.

"Okay," I whispered, "I'm going to go in and talk to them. While I am, you have to get out the front door, right over there, okay?"

Finn gulped and nodded, "What if they see me?"

I shook my head, "They won't see you. Just be very quiet."

He nodded and put a finger to his lips, "Shh."

I gave a smile before turning around and walking into the living room.

"Mildred. I've been hoping that we could talk to you," my mother's eyes lifted from her phone as I walked in, "come sit."

I did as she said and took a seat next to her, "I've been wanting to talk to you too."

"You and Caleb have been doing quite well," My father said getting straight to the point.

I nodded slowly as he smiled, "I think it's time that our families spend time together."

"Yes that sounds wonderful actually," I replied. I couldn't really think of anything else right now but Finn. He was probably waiting at the door so I could open it for him.