Chapter XXVII

Jimin's heart was beating rapidly as he stood in front of the bathroom mirror, staring into his own eyes and trying to slow down his breathing. His emotions were a messy mix of happiness and dread.

The Omega had woken in the middle of the night with the need to throw up. He had wiggled his way out of Jungkook's grip and rushed to the ensuite to empty his stomach. It had felt all too familiar, and luckily there was still a spare pregnancy test hidden in his bathroom cupboard.

And it was positive.

Jimin and his Alpha had done some loving during these three months after Jungkook got released from the hospital. It couldn't be that much of a surprise they had conceived a pup. But with the painful memories still fresh in his mind, Jimin was nervous to know what his mate would think.

Jungkook had been nothing but wonderful to him for the past months. The raven was dead set on making him happy every day, whether by running him bubble baths and massaging his back or just kissing his cheek and giving him flowers. Jimin knew Jungkook deeply regretted how he had treated him and that the Alpha never meant things to go that way.

But there was still that gnawing feeling in his stomach. Hence why he was procrastinating and not going back to bed.

"Are you okay? Baby?" Jungkook's gentle voice echoed by the door. The man was topless like always, only wearing sweats to bed. His hair stuck in all directions, and he yawned cutely while rubbing his eye, pulling on Jimin's heartstrings.

"I might be pregnant again," the Omega said quietly, showing the test he still had in his hand to his partner.

Jungkook was now wide awake as he stepped closer to the elder. He took the test and looked at the two lines in the dim light. His heart picked up speed as he shifted his eyes to his mate. Jimin was apprehensive; the Alpha sensed and saw that. He put the test away and took Jimin's hand to lead him back to the bed. The male sat on the edge and pulled the Omega onto his lap, rocking him gently while Jimin hid his face in his neck.

"Everything's okay, Baby," Jungkook said, keeping a tight hold on his smaller mate. "I love you more than anything else, no matter what. That won't ever change." The raven cupped Jimin's cheek and kissed his nose. "We'll stay calm and see what happens."

"I don't want anyone to know," the elder whispered, the tips of his fingers digging into Jungkook's skin as he gripped onto him. He looked down and closed his eyes when the younger pressed another kiss on his forehead. "At least until I'm further. I can't deal with mom..."

Jimin still hadn't spoken much with his mother. He knew the Beta often tried to approach him, but he dismissed her every time. She looked sad whenever he saw her, but he was too hurt to face her.

"We don't need to tell anyone. But you really should talk to her, Baby. It's hard, but I know reconciliation would make you happy." Jungkook kept caressing his Omega's face as he continued. "But let's go back to sleep, okay? We'll talk more in the morning."

"Okay," Jimin hummed, getting off of Jungkook's lap and crawling to his side of the bed and hiding under the covers. The Alpha chuckled and followed him, pulling the blond to his chest and nosing his hair affectionately.

Jungkook felt all kinds of emotions buzz inside of him. Of course, he was ecstatic about the prospect of pups, just like the first time. And just like Jimin, he was nervous they would need to experience another loss. But this time, whatever happened, the Alpha wouldn't repeat the same mistakes. He was going to put Jimin before himself, for now and always.

"I love you," the man whispered, but his mate was already asleep, tiny snores fanning over Jungkook's skin. He smiled and breathed in his scent.