CHAPTER XXXVI

CHAPTER XXXVI

Now that everyone in the underworld knows about the new born offspring of Raguel Asmodeus, and the power it holds, Lucifer is even more determined to get the baby on his hand.

There are seven leaders that are part of Lucifer's Dominion. Six of them were gathered. If he can no longer control Raguel to be on his side, then he will make everyone under him his enemy.

"My Lordship, why have you summoned us?" The Chief of Sloth asked.

Lucifer was sitting on his throne. Grinning like the devil that he is. He's tapping his finger on his lap as if he is up to no good.

"You know why I have summoned you, Abaddon." Then he eyed them, one by one. Assessing if he can manipulate them.

"I've heard about the new born offspring of Raguel. Is that why we're here? Are you threatened to a mere Cambion?" Belial, the Chief of Greed said with a smirk.

Lucifer shouldn't be taunted.

Then a demonic laugh filled the hall. Lucifer amusedly turned to Belphegor, the Chief of Gluttony. His patience is wearing thin. These Chiefs always know how to tick him. But he would never give them the satisfaction of seeing him raged. He's always collected and that's what scares everyone.

"Raguel betrayed us," he said trying to gain sympathy. But everyone is not surprised and this irritates him.

"One of us is bound to betray you, my Lordship. But only Asmodeus has the balls," said Rosier, the Chief of wrath.

"And I ought to cut it!" Lucifer snapped, but Rosier didn't cowered.

"How do you plan to do that? We have an oath. Our powers can't harm us..." said Levi, the Chief of Envy.

Lucifer stood up from his throne. He's on his human form. He likes it for it makes him feel clean and beautiful.

"Asmodeus is powerful as me but we can't kill each other. Thank goodness for the Oath, right? Unbreakable, I see, I see..." he said smiling. "All of us here are ruthless, and so was Asmodeus. But not anymore. He already has a heart. Not just one, but two." Then he giggled. The six Chiefs felt so weird seeing their Lordship like that.

"Do you want us to kill the mother of the Cambion?" asked Beelzebub and Lucifer laughed so hard.

"Great thinking, Beelzebub! But I was thinking of giving her to the Angels. They will punish her..."

"And the Cambion? We heard she's powerful..." Rosier said.

"Give her to me. I will be the one to decide what to do with the babe..."

***

Ara has never felt so happy and contented with her life despite all the troubles that is waiting for them outside the barrier.

Silang dalawa lamang sa manor at si baby Sophina but Thorn assured her that everyone is just around, on a stance if ever there's an attack.

Ara personally makes her meals. Thorn insists on conjuring her foods pero nami-miss na niyang mag-luto. Besides, kailangan niyang kumain ng mga healthy foods dahil nagbe-breastfeed siya.

Madalas ay nasa living room sila ng manor. Thorn is the one holding the baby on his right arm, while the other is snaked on Ara's waist. Kapag tulog ito ay 'saka lang nila ito nilalagay sa kuna. But they never left her side.

"Bakit puti ang buhok na tumutubo sa bunbunan niya?" tanong niyang habang hinahaplos ang ulo nito.

"She inherited my demonic hair," Thorn said proudly. Ara pouted disapproving.