Prologue

The woman smiled at her before standing up and started walking away from the person she love yesterday. But from distance, as soon as she heard someone shouting, she stopped her tracks. Everyone remained silent, no one dared to speak after that incident, only the music can be heard but her friend signaled them to stop it as well.

"Jennie why is it no longer possible? Why is it not possible for us to try it once more?" The taller girl asked Jennie that made everyone look down.

Jennie can feel the sadness and pain on her voice as she asked her that question. She slowly turn around to face the taller girl as she look at her eyes.

"Isn't second chance not possible anymore Jennie?" She asked once again but the brunette remained silent letting her to speak.

Taehyung on the other hand let go a deep sigh before approaching his friend. "Lisa stop it already, you're drunk" he said in a calm way as he hold her hand.

"No let me go!" She hissed before shoving his hands away. Taehyung has no choice but to move away because he's afraid that Lisa might do something else that will hurt some of them. "Jen why I'm already here... L-

Jennie smiled before cutting her off. "Because I'm already happy and contented... I'm already happy with the person who stayed at my side on my darkerst days" after hearing her words, Lisa's heart shattered into pieces but she manage to laugh bitterly that made them confused.

"Who is it? The man you're talking way back then? The 'I like you thing?' oh c'mmon Jennie" she said sarcastically before laughing bitterly again.

Jennie looked at Kai who's already shaking his head, after a minute Jennie already realized what she's talking about.

"So he's the one? Kai? That's bull-

"Stop!" Jennie shouted that made Lisa shock, it's her first time hearing the brunette shouting.

"Damn it! That was just for the play Lisa! You left remember? You left without saying fucking goodbye Lisa for Pete's sake!" She paused for awhile and look at her eyes directly "I didn't know you're thinking like that towards me. How dare you to accuse me after leaving me behind just because of what you saw? How dare you to come back and asked me to fix things when on the first place you're the one who left without saying anything?" The coldness of her voice sends shiver down to her spine. Lisa can feel the pain on her voice, Jennie's right. How dare she?

"Did you know? The day you left I keep on looking for you, I always beg Jisoo unnie to tell me where the hell you are. To tell me where I could find you! Every problems I've been going through I keep on believing that you'll come" her voice are cracked already that made her paused and Lisa just look down "But damn it Lisa! You didn't came"

"But thanks God I met Hanbin, he accepted me even if I'm not done loving you yet. He never left Lisa" she continued.

Lisa is about to walk towards Jennie but she stopped her.

"But Jen"

"No Lisa, we can't be together anymore, I don't want to make him feel what you made me feel the day you left me without saying anything, I don't want him to feel the pain" her voice softened that made Lisa's eyes became watery.

"But Jennie we can start over again, we can make things-

Again she cutted her off for the second time around. "One mistake is enough Lisa... But thank you, thank you for leaving me behind, thank you fore teaching me how to fight alone and because of that I met the man of my dreams who stayed by my side" she smiled beautifully after saying those words that made Lisa hurt.

"Jennie I will win you back" she looked at her with a pleading eyes but Jennie started walking towards her while shaking her head.

"No Lis... Please don't... Because it won't happen anymore" as soon as she reached her she smiled at the taller girl.

""Be happy Lisa... Someone will come sooner... The one who'll accept and stay beside you" she paused as she slowly caress the face she've missed "let's just accept the fact that we're just meant to bump into each other while passing by to each others life..." She stopped for awhile and smiled at Lisa who's already crying.

"That not everytime, we need to fight just to win back the love of our life... Sometimes we need to give up" And within that Jennie tip-toed and planted a soft kiss on her forehead, Lisa closed her eyes as her tears continued to fall. Jennie wipe her tears as she move away.

"Even if we wanted to stay together we can't... Nice meeting you again Lisa... Til we meet again" Jennie said before turning around and started walking away.

But before she finally left Jennie turn around and look at Lisa and the others.

"You can come to my wedding Lis... I'm looking forward to see you there... I love you and goodbye" her words made Lisa weakened as she watch the brunette walking away from her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Sorry Lisa but he had and love me at my worse, you had me at my best yet you chose to broke my heart. I loved you Lisa but Hanbin is the one I love right now... And I'm happy that once I fell in love with you... Sorry but I'm the person who can't love you back" -Jennie Kim

______________________________________

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

[08/17/20]