━━ chapter two

( ❑❑❑ )

( 002. height problems )

"fun?" jaehyun chuckled upon hearing her words that he'd like to consider ridiculous. "there's no time for that. i have an entire company to deal with for fuck's sake."

"well today i'm your only company!"

woah . . smooth.

haneul quickly opened the door to his car's driver's seat to enter. by the time she was already inside, she extended her unoccupied arm and just leaned towards the passenger's seat's door, opening it for him from the inside like the good secretary she is.

"you can drive?" he asked with a voice containing genuine exclamation, a signal of both shock and fear.

"sir, just because i'm short doesn't mean i can't drive."

"wait, no—"

without listening to his defense, haneul continued ranting about her height problems, "most of you people above 5'6" think you're so superior over us just because you're so fucking tall? because you can do activities more efficiently? do i look like i enjoy my height? well i'm not complaining but at the same time i am because it's not my fault for not getting those tree genes so why are you—"

"that's not what i— what—"

"forget it." she brushed it off right away, regaining her grin. "get in!"

talk about mood swings.

if he was being honest, agitation was eating him up little by little with the thought of the yoon haneul who he considered his cute tiny assistant to drive without any other guidance. maybe it was because of the natural rowdiness she had which causes her to sometimes be . . intolerable, or maybe it's because he despised the idea of this trip for two overall.

jaehyun liked the idea of being alone with her, but disliked the fact that they were exposed to the public, giving more reasons for scandalous employees to strike with their pointy cameras.

but eh, forget about that.

and was he in for a ride.

( ❑❑❑ )