Adere fidem

"General, please guard me for just two more weeks." 

Borick put down his shogi piece on the board and Ran followed up with his own action. 

"Two weeks, huh? The anniversary of the founding of the religious organization... there's also a big festival that day." Esdeath said with her arms crossed. 

"Yes. The preparations are finally complete. The great lord will die and become an actual God in heaven. And with the believers that I've gathered..." He slapped down his final piece on and smiled just as evilly as he always does. "I will announce that I've become the new lord!!" 

Esdeath, Cecilia, and Ran all look not impressed, and Run then says, "Ah. It's my loss." 

Borick laughed hardily at his win. "You show promise, but there's too much difference in experience!" 

The trio, getting what they came for, left with haste. 

"Hmph. You let him struggle and then left him drunk on the feeling of a comeback! I appreciate you entertaining him with shogi." Esdeath smiled as she remembered the Shogi match. 

"A small task like that is nothing." Run waved his hand with a smile. 

"Najenda must realize that her time limit is approaching as well. They'll be here soon." Esdeath quickly turned back to her usual self. 

"Then we'll strengthen security. What do you think, Cecilia?" Run looked over to her. 

"I'd say that's a good bet for now. Though, I can't wait to combat them entirely. I've only had run-ins with my sister. I'd like to see how the others would fair against Ice Frigus." Cecilia smiled calmly but still had that sinister tone to it. 

"Well, I'm sure you'll have your time to do so. You two can go now. I'll be calling you later on today, though." 

"Understood." Run said. 

"Alright. See you, later!" 

Cecilia ran and jumped off the railing. She immediately activated her wings and flew away. 

"...You don't seem to keep many tabs on that girl?" Run looked at Esdeath who had a smile on her face while staring at Cecilia flying away. 

"Hm...? That's because she's better that way. I keep tabs on those around me but she's the one I want to have free reign over what she does." 

"Ohhh...?" Run tilted his head. "So, what are we going to do about, Seryuu?" 

"Leave her. Cecilia has some sort of attachment to her greater than what the rest of us have. Getting rid of her would be a bigger risk than letting her stay. In her state, she's not even a target so we don't have to waste any resources trying to protect her. If anything, that girl has enough protection as it." Esdeath crossed her arms. 

"What would that protection be?" Run knew the answer but asked anyway. 

"Cecilia, of course?" 

Over with Night Raid...

It was now night time and they were all currently sitting at a dinner table and Susanoo brought out all kinds of dishes. 

From parfaits to lobster to an entire plate of different animal meats. 

Tatsumi's special meal was a little bit on the downside compared to everyone else's. 

"Tatsumi said anything is fine so it's a special Susanoo lunch set." 

His looked like a kiddy meal compared to everyone else's. Especially to Saisei who was next to him with her two overly big steaks. 

Mine was giggling at his tiny meal even though she only had a parfait herself.