Chapter 7: Night VS Cinder

(A few days later, amphitheater, Resare's POV)

We were in class with Professor Goodwitch and we were watching a fight: Pyrrha was beating the team CRDL. They wanted to play smart by challenging her in a 4 vs 1 fight, and there, they are regretting. On the other hand, it was no better for us: Emerald and Mercury moved in behind us, which pissed off Krystal, who doesn't appreciate Mercury since knowing he's a murderer's son. And Night, he had to bear Cinder, who settled down at the other end of the lecture hall, isolated from the rest of the students, and who was looking at him slyly.

"And that's the match" Announces Professor Goodwitch after Pyrrha's victory.

"Lucky shot..." Cardin growls in pain before collapsing.

"Well donne miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." Congratulates Professor Goodwitch

"Thanks you, professor." Pyrrha thanks her.

"Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers?" Glynda asks us. A silence set in before Night raised his hand

"Mr. Sustrai? Very well. Let's find you an opponent." Glynda told him.

"Actually, I already have an opponent in mind" Night answered her, standing up.

"Who ?" Asks Professor Goodwitch.

"Her." Night replied icily, pointing at Cinder, to the surprise of our group and Emerald and Mercury.

"Night, are you sure? She's very strong!" Emerald asks him.

"Sure." Night replied.

"Well." Glynda replied, tapping on her Scroll. Photos of the two students appeared on the holographic banners.

(Narrator's POV)

The young man walks into the walls of the amphitheater, ready to do battle with the one who took him what he had left. She was dressed in gray pants and a brown jacket. Her chest was wrapped in a bandage to hide her chest. The young woman looked at him slyly.

"Do I have an effect on you?" She asks him sadistically.

"Yeah. But a very bad one." The young man replied coldly, who drew  Shotgunblade before turning it into a sword. The entire room had its eyes riveted on the confrontation, the tension was palpable. Emerald and Mercury were certain of Cinder's victory, while the team KNRD were worried about Night's fight. Cinder is powerful, but they feel that Night was unaware of her power.

"The fight ... BEGINS!" Glynda announcement. Night rushes at Cinder and tries a saber strike to the chest, which Cinder avoids by jumping backwards before kicking him in the jaw. He takes two steps back. The young woman tries to strike her opponent with a kick in the chest, which was parried by the latter's saber, which makes her trip. Cinder falls to the ground. Night tries to stab her with a saber, but Cinder dodges it and gets up.

Night rushes at her again before parrying a return kick to his chest and another to his head. The woman continues the blows, which are parried, leaving no window of attack to the young man.

(Night's POV)

I parry Cinder's punches one after the other, preventing myself from counterattacking. Then I saw an opportunity. She tries another kick to the head and instead of parrying, I ducked down and kicked her in the abdomen. She takes three steps back.

"Not bad" Cinder told me before rushing on me.

She tries to kick me again, which I parry once, twice, three times, four times. The fifth time, I took a kick right in the forehead, knocking myself to the ground. I get up and grab my sword before cracking my neck. I rush at her again and try to slash her with a sword which she dodges before hitting my weapon, disarming myself. It crashes into the ground, a few meters away. Cinder tries to trip me up, which I dodge by doing a back flip, pulling away slightly from her.