Epilogue

Every morning for the next two years, the first thing I woke up to was, "Good morning, beautiful!" and a kiss on the scar. It easily made my day to see those beautiful blue eyes every morning. When the fans started calling me a tramp and a slut, Louis calmed me down by singing "They Don't Know About Us", looking me in the eye the whole time. After a while and a few more movie roles, the media stopped getting to me. Louis made me see that they didn't matter.

Melissa and Niall welcomed their first child, a girl named Carly, about a year and a half after their wedding. They made me the godmother. She was a beautiful child with brown hair and Niall's blue eyes.

Liam and Nadia got engaged about a month after Niall and Mel's wedding. They got married half a year later. Nadia was expecting a child due later that year.

Zayn and Sam started hanging out more and more after the wedding. They had their first date approximately four months after the wedding. They got engaged about a week before mine and Louis' two year dating anniversary.

Eleanor wasn't alone long. She got in touch with the boy from her school and they went on a date. Eleanor began to realize how much she missed having a normal life. They went out a few more times and eventually the media lost interest in them and left them alone. They became an official couple and eventually she was able to forgive me and got back in touch.

Harry went back to being my best friend. It was awkward for the first while, with Harry being single and hung up on me. Eventually, though, he met a girl named Natania. She was sweet and funny and pretty, and she understood what had happened between Harry and me. She helped shoe him that he loved me more like a sister the way I loved him like an overprotective older brother. Things fell back to normal.

To celebrate our two year dating anniversary, Lou and I went on a vacation to Paris. We spent the day together, but when I got out of the shower that evening, Louis wasn't there. He had left a note on the pillow that said, "Follow the signs for your surprise. Wear something nice. See you soon. Louis XOX." I smiled at the mystery.

Wearing a knee length red dress and black strappy heels with red lipstick and a clutch, I left the hotel room. I had no idea what I was looking for, but I soon saw what. There were neon green arrows pointing down the hallway to the stairs. Louis had knowingly surpassed the elevators and I was grateful. I reached the bottom of the stairs and followed arrows to the front desk where there was a sign that said, "Talk to this person - Louis XOX."

"Miss?" I said. She took one look at me and handed me a card without saying a word. She smiled when I took it.

The card had Louis' writing on it. It said, "Clue Number One" on the front. I opened it and read,

"There is a reason it was you I chose,

Our love blooms daily like a rose..."

Smiling, I looked up and saw two more arrows pointing outside and, through the glass doors, one on a lamp post outside pointing to the right. I went outside and saw, to my right just down the street from the hotel, was a stand selling flowers. I approached the man and saw a sign on the stand that read, "Ask him - Louis XOX."

"Excuse me, sir," I said, drawing the man's attention.

He looked at me and grinned, his cheeks ruddy. He handed me a rose with my second clue attached and said, "Voila, Madame!"

"Merci beacoup, monsieur," I replied, smiling. I smelled the sweet rose as I opened the card. This one continued where the other left off. It said,

"And when you left me I wanted to drive,

And never stop until I'd arrive..."

Confused, I looked up. Before my eyes, a limo with a green arrow on the door pulled up. A sign below it said, "Where to, love? - Louis XOX."

The driver got out of the limo and handed me the third clue. Upon opening it, I discovered my destination.

"In your heart where I'd remain every hour,

Until you'd meet me on top of the Eiffel Tower..."

I grinned again and directed my attention towards the driver, watching me expectantly. "L'Eiffel Tower, s'il vous plaît?"

He opened the back door for me and replied, "Oui oui!"

I contemplated what Louis had planned as we drove. When we arrived, a woman was waiting, holding a sign that said, "You're escort, love - Louis XOX."

Upon approaching the woman, she spoke in a heavy French accent. "Bonjour! I am to escort you to zee top of zee tower. I understand you 'ave a fear of elevators and 'eights, oui?"

Louis had really thought this through. "Oui. Merci." I was extremely thankful.

She smiled and offered me her arm as she guided me to the elevator. We got in and she handed me another card. "'Ere," she said, "Zis is for you."

Clinging to her, I read,

"Now that you're here I have to say,

In my heart for eternity, you'll stay..."

I smiled despite my fear. I seemed to be doing that a lot tonight. We soon reached the top. I was shocked and pleased that Louis had somehow got us the whole place to ourselves. There was a table set up with a romantic candlelit dinner. I didn't see Louis anywhere. The woman went to a violin discreetly in the corner and began to play.

"Ahem," she cleared her throat. I looked at her and saw her eyeing a card with my name on it on the table.

I hurried over and picked it up. This was getting exciting. I read under my breath,

"So let's share our love for all to see..."

A familiar voice behind me finished the line. "Josée, will you marry me?"

I spun around and saw Louis down on one knee. "I know Harry already fulfilled your dream of being kissed up here, but I'm going to do one better. Josée, I will love you and protect you always and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. So, love, will you do me the honour of taking my last name and becoming mine forever?" He pulled a blue velvet ring box out of his pocket and opened it to reveal the most beautiful engagement ring I had ever seen. The band was white gold and lined with diamonds near the top, where there sat a single blue topaz gem, our birthstone.

I gasped and tears filled my eyes. My hands flew to my mouth as I stared into those beautiful blue eyes. I was speechless. Louis began to look worried as he awaited my answer.

"Yes!" I choked out finally, flying into his arms, both of us now on our knees. "Yes, Louis, yes!" I began to cry.

He kissed me and slowly took the ring out of the box. There was an engraving inside the band: J&L for eternity. Louis slid the ring on my finger and I began to cry again as all my dreams came true, our dinner all but forgotten.