Prologue: Art muse

He usually didn't stay up so late. It was a few minutes past midnight but the blond seemed to be too immersed in the art process to care about his sleep schedule. With a cup of warm tea by his side, he continued drawing. It was one of those special moments when it felt like Goddess Athena herself had touched his head, sparking an ingenious idea in his mind. Creating art from something so trivial as a piece of charcoal was delightful, it gave him a sense of freedom and joy.

To say that his model was beautiful, it was an understatement that would've pissed Yoshikage off. His lover had something of a femme fatale aura. The voluptuous form resting on the couch, still as the artist asked.

Yoshikage wished this moment could last a little longer, for it was perfect. Just the two of them spending time together in comfortable silence accompanied by soft tunes of jazz coming from the radio in the kitchen. What's better than a life drawing session after a home-made dinner with his beloved one?

Once he was finished with his charcoal sketches, the blond got up, smiling with content at his lover.

"We're done for tonight. Thank you so much for being my model again. You should see the sketches I've done, I think they're perfect. You're perfect. I couldn't be able to do it if you weren't here." He smiled with warmth, his eyes lingering on the naked figure, but there was no answer.

"Did you fall asleep, darling?" His voice softer now as he lay next to the dormant figure.

"You deserve a good night's rest after all the posing you've done for me today, Hana." He whispered as his hand touched the cold flesh of the severed limb, gently drawing small hearts on its surface.

This Hana was once part of a living, breathing person. A stunning lady that was once his life drawing model. The rest of Hana was well taken care of, first disembodied then made to bathe in acid for a week. Her skeletal remains were crushed and scattered through the depths of the vast forest that surrounded Morioh.

Hana was certainly not the first victim that fell into his hands and Yoshikage felt good, proud even, that the policemen never even thought about suspecting him. Fate was indeed smiling upon him.