Chapter 2

As I go through my classes, I am still extremely skittish from last night. My friend Garret Henningsworth, who I call Blaze, puts his hand on my shoulder causing me to jump and squeal.

I write "Gosh, Blaze why must you insist on scaring the living crap outta me!?"

He replies, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you that time although that was a pretty cute squeal you just let out."
He chuckles. I write "Haha, very funny...." Than hit him on the shoulder with the white board.

"Hey, hey, I was just messing with you no need to get feisty, what's got you so on edge anyways?"

I correspond " Its nothing, just a bad night."

" It seems to be more than that, Addy." He says with a serious expression.

"Well, it's nothing to be worried about." I write back.

"You sure?" He questions.

"Yes." I jot down.

"Ok..." He sighs.

He pats my shoulder and heads to his class. I sigh and do the same.

(After School)
I drive home, get a bowl of fruit and sit on the couch. I turn on the tv and flip through the channels. I finally settle on the Beautiful Creatures movie. Once it was over I put my dishes away and go up to my room, only to find that guy again. I scream and stagger backwards. He moves closer to me and covers my mouth, shockingly muffling my screams.
"Please don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you." He whispers.
I grab my whiteboard and write. "Who and what are you and why are you in my house!?"

"My name is Kellin, yes, I am a ghost but, I'm not here to haunt or harm you in any way." He says calmly.

"Why are you here?" I shakily write.

"I'm here because this is where I perished, yes, I can go to every place on earth but I feel more comfortable here." He replies.

"I've lived here since birth how come you just now decide to show your face!?" I scream write.

"Because I wanted to wait till you were old enough to comprehend this."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I didn't want to scare you off, plus I'm shy." He sighs.

"Why don't you want us gone?" I write.

"I'm not that type, I would like to be friends if that's ok with you."He looks hopeful.

I nod and he smiles and takes his hand off my mouth.