Epilogue

I released a slow sigh and stared at the cold, white cloud that escaped as I stared at the ceiling above me, it was dead morning and not a single source of sound was heard. That was odd. I reached up and rubbed the tiredness out of my arms as goosebumps settled along them, as well as the rest of my body, it still wasn't used to the climate change. I looked over at Evy to see him still resting himself, obviously warn from the previous journey and the other events that took place on arrival. My hands were heavily rugged and cracked, every puff of oxygen I released was a crystal cloud and Evy silently shivered occasionally, it was too damn cold in our room. I rose to a sitting position and cracked my neck, it croaked as the muscles became less tense and stiff, I'm thankful. I reached up as a familiar ache hit the left side of my face, mostly over my left eye that was throbbing worse than usual today. 

I looked over at Evy as he rustled along the furs for a minute before settling with a tired sigh escaping his soft lips that I kissed the entire night, I have to make sure he gets enough rest. I reached over and touched his soft skin, admiring how flawless it was, even after years of us being together went by. He's just as beautiful as before. I leaned down and kissed his exposed shoulder, that was probably what woke him, and he turned to me with a tired smile as a I grabbed a string of ribbon that had made it into the room with us last night off his arm. 

I kissed his lips, giving him a soft peck that I hoped warned him to the core as it had done me, just like every time he looked at me and kissed me or touched me. I had love that was true and I would never let it fade, even as the days go by, I will never stop loving Evy as he would never stop loving me. I gave him yet another peck, this time longer and more sincere as he raced his arm up my chilled arm, causing a shiver to quake my giant body, I had to stop myself from having another private time with him. It's tempting. 

While extremely hard, I pulled my lips off of Evy's as he smiled at me once more, this time more energetic and lively, I returned it with one of my own. He's tempting. I sat back up into a sitting position and pushed the thousands of furs back, stepping off the bed before turning and making sure to give Evy enough furs to keep him comfortable while I was away. I looked around the bedroom, admiring it's beauty in fullness now that the sun had rose and everything was brightened. 

It was magnificent to see, tall windows that were frosted over with flakes occasionally tapping the window and giving it more of a spiderweb accent. The drapes were solid black and when drawn, did well to keep out the sun that did nothing but provide slight light along the white mist of the North. The bedroom was entirely spotless, as if untouched for generations, with everything packed neatly around the room. Fur seats were sat in threes for conversation in the far corner, everything was made of fur, the bed even. The giant bed was definitely made for someone my size, which I was glad about. I leaned against one of the thick bedpost and stared at Evy as he rolled over to sleep once more. 

"I'll return soon, Evy." I told him, stepping from the bed to dress for the day, as I had things that must be done.

I had made sure to dress appropriately, I wore a tunic and hide leggings to keep the cold at bay, as well as a fur vest that protected my torso and chest, with an attachable fur coat that was equipped with a fur hood. It was very similar to a frost warrior's attire and very suitable for the weather. I dressed in thick fur boots that protected my feet from the snow before making my exit of the giant bedroom that was dark and gloomy with the drapes closed. I shut the door quietly upon my departure and nearly trampled Aumite as he was just coming to grab me from my sleeping quarters. He gestured for me to follow and I did so without hesitation as he passed me my new axe that Hunt had prepared upon my request, which I paid him well for as well since a new weapon was very needed. 

"Word from King Ansair?" I asked, descending down the steps alongside him.

"Indeed, our package is being handled as we speak, as well as... my wife will be home soon." Aumite said, grabbing my shoulder as we came to the base of the steps. "Thank you, Brother." 

Aumite held his hand out for me to take and I immediately did so, holding it tightly as we stared at one another before I released his hand and turned to walk away but suddenly, I thought of something. 

"What will Evette think of your slave?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in question.

"What slave?" Aumite smirked with a wink, making me shake my head as I turned to walk away and he did the same. "Much love, Brother."

"Much love, Brother." I repeated, walking pass the foyer and looking at a smaller child as she walked with a bucket of water on her head.

I patiently waited as soon another child came rustling pass me and I quickly swirled to catch him as he nearly trampled the smaller child with the bucket of water, I smiled as Zayen squirmed in my arms with his thumb still in his mouth but a smile on his lips. I pecked his forehead before setting him down as the smaller child went toward the giant kitchen preparing breakfast for the royal family. 

"Father..." A child asked as he stood with a tiny knife near the kitchen, slicing potatoes and he had caught my attention as I was in ear shot. "Can you tell me about the new king?"

This was surreal...

"Of course, son. Do you remember Tungsten the Twelfth? He was the Viking that conquered all of Elise and..."

Endlessly, through the generations of folktale, Tungsten the Tenth was left out of history.

Yes, this is the end of the second book.

Yes, Twelve gets his nickname from Tungsten the Twelfth.

Yes, Tungsten/Twelve did become a king after slaying the dragon, as promised.

YES, they loved happily ever after...

Yet, something sinister is always lurking in the dark...

Okay, I'll cut the crap! Thank you for reading this book, it's very appreciated that you leave how you feel in the comments, as well as a vote! It's definitely been a journey for me actually completing this book, I bet you thought it would never happen, be honest! Again, thank you and there are many other books of any flavor that you could read on my profile.

Have a blessed day, lovely.