o n e

Mia's POV

I had the worst day ever. I sighed as I made my way to my car. I messed up the surgery, the patient started bleeding on the table. It was only till my boss, aka the senior gynaecologist, aka Dr. Jefferson came and saved her. Yes.... The baby and mom both were fine. Ugh.. how can I actually mess up something I've done so many freaking times.

I got two days suspension from the residency. Good thing they considered my toppled personal life and didn't terminate me right away.

Silent tears flowed down my face as I sat in the car. This was not how it was supposed to end up. I was supposed to be happily married and living out my passion..... of being a surgeon.

But I ended up doing the residency in Gynaecology and Obstetrics.... No offense I love my job, maybe more than I would have, had I been a surgeon and now I'm married for like two months and I already suspect he's cheating on me. I should've never forgiven him the first time.

Once a cheater is always a cheater.

I should've followed that. But turns out I'm a softie and a fool when it comes to romance. My frustration was sky high when I put the gear and drove off to 'our' so called home.

It was me who actually gave all the money. So much so for working in an MNC.

I took the wrong turn involuntary at the lights. Maybe it was because I wanted to see him. And maybe he'd be there, in the office, not fucking anyone. Hope was all I wanted to linger on.

The weather was getting a bit windy as dark clouds covered the sky and shielded the moon. Shit! Some sort of storm was supposed to hit tonight. I saw it in the forecast and totally forgot about that. Anyways, there was no turning back now.

I entered the office building and clicked the button corresponding to the floor of Public Relations Department in the elevator, where he worked. He was the head of that department and at a young age yes! That's what impressed me the most. But now that I think about it, he must've been really good at burying all of the company's dirt and hiding stuff from media which means that if he was having sex with someone else, it'll be a piece of cake for him to hide it. Stop Mia.... You're thinking too much. Don't be so negative about it. Not everything in your life can suck.

My train of thought were interrupted when the elevator dinged and the door opened. As I made my way to his office I heard ..... Sounds.

And not just any sounds. I froze, my blood froze, it was not really shocking but I kinda still hoped there was another man and another women messing around in his office while he was just getting some coffee from outside. Who am I kidding?

It was very late and he often worked overtime. "A very stressful job" he used to say.

Yeah right!

I took a breath I didn't know I was holding somehow still praying for it to be otherwise as I opened the door into his office. Since the blinds were done so I couldn't really see anything inside. There he was, with a woman.... under him.... Both naked.... On his desk.... In the middle of something.

I honestly wanted to puke and cry at the same time. They were shocked as he pulled himself out and made his way towards me saying, " Babe, it's not what you think." I stepped back and put my hand up to stop him from approaching me. "I.... My lawyer will contact you," I said and walked out of that horrible scene.

I was still in my scrubs. Yes, I hadn't taken them off. I was so stressed and sad that I forgot about it. Tears started streaming down my face as I waited for the elevator.

Once I was out of that darned building I drove off as far as I could.

Once I was in the middle of nowhere, I stopped my car, and cried.... and cried and cried. I hadn't noticed the rain. The weather was getting scary and I couldn't care less. I just wished to escape from all of this. I can't face it. Not my career and not my husband and gosh how was I supposed to tell my parents who were already so skeptical about me marrying that bastard?

The lightning was really frightening now. As I turned back, a thunder roared. Everything seemed to black out then.

Charolette's POV

"I have told you so many times to wear a short skirt when Mr. Raymonds comes for the negotiations. Opposite sex attraction, you know. Is that so hard to understand?" Nathan Moore, my boss shouted. Yes ... Shouted.

He growled frustrated as I stood there without a hint of guilt with a stern face.

"I call that seducing an investor to sign the deal." I said with my head down. I was so gonna get fired.

"You know if you weren't hooking up with me I would've fired you a long time ago." He spat.

"That's why I did it," I casually said. I honestly had no feelings for that guy. Not even hatred. I was single and with a lot of work load to go out and date. I needed something. Casual sex was fine. Enough even.

But I stopped a few weeks ago when I found out he was screwing all seven of his secretaries which included me too. I was so grossed out. I mean, honestly, I had no feelings for this guy at all. The thing is ... I'm a bit hypochondriac and after I found that out I couldn't stop myself from getting a full body exam. What if that man whore gave me a disease or something?

That was just the end of casual sex for me. Nathan Moore was an asshole. But with killer looks and body. Ever since he broke off his engagement two years ago, he's been screwing around like a rabid dog. Maybe that chick hurt his ego or something. But that's just the office gossip and that was before I started working here. So I don't really know what went down
But what I know is that he's been a dick CEO always.... At least the time I worked here.

"You are really testing my patience." He said.

No I'm not. I'm just saying that if you aren't good enough to get that deal by yourself then you should quit and start a full time job at the escort service.

"Excuse me?! Did you just tell me to become a prostitute?" He snapped rather shocked. Yikes, I said that out loud didn't I ?

"You are FIRED!!!" The whole office jumped. I swear.

_____________

Here I was, drinking in broad daylight. It was more to an evening now. My steps wobbled as I made my way out of the pub. I had enough to get me by till I had a new job. But the hunt was what horrified me the most. If I knew Nathan Moore well, he is the one to hold grudges and he'll make sure I don't even think about this sector anymore.

It was raining now. Oh how I wished that I don't have to wake up tomorrow. This is so tiring. I huffed and took put my heels as I walked on the deserted road now. It was late, I guess. I suddenly saw a flash of light and it all went black.

A/n : Soooo.... How was it? I know it's a bit predictable but just plse hold on its gonna get real fun... Maybe even steamy....