Chapter 2: The Room of Requirement

It was 8.55pm and Harry had just arrived outside of the Room of Requirement.

After a relatively normal dinner, all things considered, he had gone back to the 8th year boy's dormitories and stripped out of his uniform to have a long, hot, bath. It had helped to clear his mind and prepare him for the inevitable meeting with Draco Malfoy.

He looked down at the dark jeans and black T-shirt he'd decided to wear, running his hand over the front to smooth out invisible creases.

He'd wasted more time than he'd ever admit choosing this outfit. Why he was even bothered what Malfoy thought of his choice of clothing was truly baffling to him.

He had to admit, it must be because the bastard had always been impeccably dressed, making Harry feel awkward and uncomfortably in his presence. He even made his school robes look fashionable.

Harry had never been the fashionable type and probably never would be but at least he didn't dress as bad as he used to, that was something of an achievement.

At that moment Malfoy rounded the corner at the end of the hall.

Harry cast a sneaky Tempus charm that read exactly 8.59pm - punctual to the minute.

As Malfoy neared, Harry mentally noted what he was wearing. Grey slacks and a black shirt. Both fitted his lean body perfectly.

"Well good evening potter, fancy seeing you here," Draco said in mock surprise.

"Yes, shocking isn't it," Harry replied dryly, not missing a beat.

He reached down to pick up the bag by his feet which held all the ingredients, tools and utensils they would need to start the Potion.

He noticed Malfoy didn't carry a bag.

"Where are your things?"

"Hmm," Draco raised his eyebrows in question. He had his left hand in his pants pocket while his right arm hung loosely at his side.

"Your things - as in ingredients, tools, your class notes - where are they?" Harry asked tiredly, suppressing the urge to rub his eyes. He really wasn't in the mood for Malfoy tonight; he was tired and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep.

"Oh, I didn't bring any, that's what you're here for and I see you have risen to the task," he nodded at the bag that hung from Harry's shoulder.

Harry flared his nostrils, looking at a point just above Malfoys head and counting to ten.

"Although I did bring my notes," Draco continued unperturbed, pulling a tiny bunch of parchment from his pocket and enlarging it. "You are bound to have written yours down wrong being as dyslexic as you are and the last thing we need is this going wrong. I've heard some tragic stories of mishaps happening whilst brewing the Legame Rivelare Potion."

Harry growled low in his throat, he wasn't even that dyslexic anymore. This was going to be a long night. "Let's just get inside the room and get this stupid Potion started so we can go to bed."

It was amazing that even after years of not seeing the annoying git, things had gone straight back to normal as if they had never been apart.

"Is everything alright Potter, you seem a tad upset? You're not still thinking about that article are you?" Draco asked seemingly innocent.

Harry narrowed his eyes but ignored him and began to pace in front of the door thinking of a room that would fulfil their Potion needs.

The room was simple but just what they needed. It had a large table in the centre, with plenty of space for two people to work on. Bookshelves lined the walls filled with, what Harry was guessing, to be Potions text books and there was a large wooden cupboard in the corner. It looked as if it had seen better days.