chapter 27

lexi's pov

i looked around and felt myself get anxious. being around this many people once again makes me nervous. i looked at the big building in front of me. the high school. the principle let me go for my senior year after a lot of explaining by i stopped coming for so long and missed last year completely. he decided to let me take all of my classes and catch them up while also doing all my senior classes.

it's gonna be a lot of work but i know i can do it. 

"are you ready?" jax asked. 

i turned to him and nodded my head. 

"just nervous. i haven't been around this many people since before everything happened." i said. 

"you can do this. i'll be with you the whole time" he said. 

i grabbed his hand and held it in mine. i was so thankful for him being here today.

i nodded my head and opened the car door and stepped out. once i slammed the door closed all eyes were on me. i could see people whispering and i could hear some comments. 

"just ignore them" jax told me and we started to walk to the doors of the schools. 

i counldn't just ignore. i could hear them all. 

"where has she been all this time?"

"is she living with jax? the playboy? what a slut." 

"why did she even come back?"

the comments kept on going around my head. i sighed when we finally made it the office and the lady at the desk smiled at us and stood up. 

"oh my goodness lexi! it's so good to see you!" she said. 

i nodded my head. 

"we need our schedules" jax said. 

"oh right of course. here you guys go" she said. 

jax grabbed them both and we walked out of the office. we looked at our schedules and i gasped when we had all the same classes together. i looked up at him confused. he looked at me and smiled. 

"you think i'm gonna let you go through this alone?" he asked. 

i leaned up and hugged him tightly. 

"thank you so much" i said. 

knowing that he was gonna be with through every class all day made me feel so much better. i could walk with head held higher and ignore all the comments coming my way. i didn't need to care about what they thought about me. they don't know the full story. they don't know what happened to me in the time that i was gone. 

we finally made it to our first period which was biology. i'm not the best at science but, i still try to do my best. i looked to jax and we walked to the back of the room. we sat down in our seats and waited for the teacher to enter the room. slowly but surely the classroom filled with other students. they turned to look at jax and i but we both just ignored the stares. 

finally the teacher came into the classroom and everyone turned back to the front and the teacher began doing what they did best. 

------------------------------------

i sighed with relief when the bell rang signaling the day was over. i walked out with jax by my side. 

"thank god. i thought the day was never going to end." he sighed dramatically. 

i shook my head at him. 

he chuckled and he grabbed my hand and held it as we walked to his car. i laughed when he bowed once again and opened the door for me to slide in. 

i felt so much better now that all the eyes were off me and i could finally breathe. i smiled when jax got into the car too and started the ignition. we pulled out of the parking lot and drove home. i smiled with the thought of it being home. anywhere i'm with jax is home. even if he's a gangleader. he's such a good person inside and out. i smiled when we reached the house and we got out. i turned to jax and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"thank you for everything. i love you" i said softly. 

he wrapped his arms around me.

"you're home now. i love you" he said. 

i sighed in his arms knowing that i was home. everything that happened in my life has brought me to this moment. i may not know what the future will hold but i know i can make it through if i have jax by my side. with him i'm stronger and i know i can withstand anything as long as he's here next to me. 

we have our whole lives together and no matter where life takes us i'll always have him. 

-----------------------------------------------------

i can finally post more now! we got better wifi and it's so much faster than the old one. which means i don't have to worry anymore if my story saved or not. so many scares with that one. 

anyways i hope you enjoy!

melody<3