eleven !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chapter eleven — party rockers !2x08 — raving- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2x08 — raving
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"what's he doing here?" scarlett hid the small jump in her heartbeat, and the grin she was holding back from her brother when she saw the curly headed boy walk into the animal clinic. "i need him." derek's tone was sharp, but softened slightly when he saw the twin sister standing there. "i don't trust him." scarlett let out a small huff, knowing that this stupid crush she had on isaac, wasn't going to fare well with her brothers.

"scott, could you just stop for five minutes? i trust him, and you trust me." scott scoffed, pushing his twin towards the operating area and sighing. "you like him, there's a difference." she smiled up to the taller boy when he stood beside her, making him lean down to kiss the top of her head gently. she had forgiven him, deciding that if scott could protect a murdering lizard, she could be friends with an innocent werewolf.

"now where's the vet? is he going to help us or not?" isaac took a seat on the front desk, holding out a single hand as a gesture for scarlett to join him. she grinned and rushed over to him, standing between his parted legs, and letting him rest his chin on her shoulder. his arms wrapped tightly around her waist, giving her butterflies in her stomach. scott glared at the scene, his eyes glancing between isaac's grin and scarlett's adoring eyes, deciding to let his gaze soften.

"where's the vet? is he going to help us or not." scarlett turned her head when she heard the doctor's voice, smiling softly at the older man. "that depends. your friend, jackson. are we planning to kill him or save him?" scarlett glanced down at isaac, who was looking between the two wolves in the room. his hand absentmindedly played with her fingers, lifting her small hands up and down. "kill him." "save him." the wolves let out at the same time, glaring at each other as they did so.

"we're saving him, doc." they made their way into the operating room, scarlett tucking herself neatly between isaac and scott, not wanting the two beside each other. as the vet set a group of jars in front of them, isaac's free hand, the one that wasn't wrapped around scarlett's waist, wandered towards the jars. derek quickly grabbed it, pulling it away and telling him to watch what he touched. "so, what are you? some kind of witch?"

the doctor smiled, looking down at the teenage wolf and then glancing towards his female counterpart. "no, i'm a veterinarian." isaac only nodded, looking over his shoulder at his girl and smiling softly. "unfortunately i don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defence against a paralytic toxin." scarlett frowned as she looked between all the males in the room, deciding that she probably wasn't the best choice to have there with them.

"what about an effective offense?" isaac suggested, looking up at deaton with hopeful eyes. derek let him down when he said that they'd already tried, and came up unsuccessful. "i almost took its head off, and argent emptied an entire clip into it. the thing just gets back up." deaton thought this unusual, his brows furrowing as he thought about what to do next. "has it shown any weaknesses?

"it can't swim." she tuned out the conversation for a while, just leaning down to rest her head on isaac's shoulder. he turned his head to kiss her temple, not noticing scott smiling fondly at the fact his twin had found someone she liked. "you're looking for two people. the puppet. and the puppeteer." scarlett nodded from her place on isaac's shoulder, looking up at the doctor and ignoring the jump in isaac's heartbeat.

"one kill the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. do we know why?" isaac has stood up, accidentally letting scarlett's head slip off of his shoulder, leading her to hit her head on the metal table. he instantly cupped her cheeks, kissing the spot she'd hit and apologising profusely. "i don't think jackson could do it." the three men in the room looked between the twins for an explanation, leading scarlett to pull isaac's hands away and stand up straight.

"his mother died pregnant, too, and she was maybe murdered. we think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else." when scarlett glanced up at isaac, she saw furrowed brows and a confused expression, already knowing he had an idea. "how do you know it's not part of the rules? the kanima kills murderers. if jackson kills the wife, the baby dies too."

"does that mean your father was a murderer?" scarlett stomped on scott's foot discreetly, knowing that he'd hit a sensitive topic with her boy, and she was pissed he'd brought it up. "wouldn't surprise me if he was." when she saw the look on his face, scarlett leant up, placing a soft kiss on isaac's cheek and wrapping her arms around his bicep. dragon jumped as though he'd had an epiphany, looking between the three wolves.

"hold on. the book says they're bonded, right? what if the fear of water isn't coming from jackson, but from the person controlling him. what if something that affects the kanima, also affects its master." as though in sync, isaac and scarlett shared a look, glancing up at the doctor with confused expressions. scott seemed to understand, telling them that they could catch both the master and jackson.

"hey, i gotta stay behind, i've got a shift until eight, are gonna be okay by yourself?" scarlett nodded, placing a kiss to her brother's cheek and waving goodby to deaton, making her way out of the animal clinic quietly. she jumped when a figure came out, wrapping their arms around her waist and lifting her off of the ground. when the familiar scent of hugo boss flooded through her nose she stopped struggling, turning around in their arms and looking up to them.

"isaac lahey, were you spying on me?" she teased, letting her hands fly up and land around his neck. his hands tightened around her waist when her fingers began playing with the hairs at the male of his neck, quietly groaning. "scott asked me to wait, said you needed someone to walk you home." he shrugged, letting her latch onto his hand and pull him down the street. he smiled fondly as the small girl skipped down the street, dragging him along with her as she giggled uncontrollably.

as they got to her doorstep, the two of them stood in front of each other, looking into each other's eyes and smiling softly. isaac began to lean in, making scarlett recoil. sure, she liked him, but she didn't want to rush into anything too quickly, and letting him kiss her would ruin whatever it was they had going. as his cheeks flushed red with embarrassment, he moved back, saying a quick goodbye and beginning to walk away.

she opened her front door, getting ready to go inside, but quickly shouted to the boy. "isaac!" he turned around swiftly, looking at the girl who came running towards him. she pulled his face down to hers, placing a small kiss on the corner of his mouth and leaning up to his ear. "i'll see you tomorrow, lahey." and with that, scarlett mccall once again left isaac lahey dumbstruck with her teasing ways, making him want her even more.

"i'll see you tomorrow, mccall."