Chapter XI

TW: fistfight (i will warn right before the fight happens too)

I walked right next door to Clay's house once I read the love letter. I knocked on the door and texted him that I wanted to come in and talk to him. 

Clay opened the door and his eyes went to the flowers. "Oh, is that for me?" He smiled.

"No."

"What?" He was confused, rightfully. 

"Here," I handed the card to him, "read this."

He read it, a confused expression on his face. As he got to the end he looked mad and jealous. "Oh no he didn't. What's his number? Let me at him."

He walked inside and plopped down on the couch. I sat next to him. "I don't know what to do. I don't want to text him because what if he flirts with me? But I have to let him know that I'm taken and very not interested."

"I'll help you text him, don't worry."

I pulled out the receipt and texted the number on it. 

(You): hi, this is George.

vincent: Oh, George hello 

vincent: How are you?

George <3: i'm fine, but i need to talk to you.

vincent: What is it?

George <3: i'm sorry, but i'm not interested. i have a boyfriend and i don't even know you. 

vincent: Well, who is he? 

vincent: I bet I could be way better

vincent: He isn't even your soulmate but I am

Clay took my phone and started angrily typing.

George <3: this is his boyfriend

George <3: fuck off already. he said no

George <3: just because your his soulmate doesn't mean that you're meant to be with him

George <3: you're already proving that you're a shitty person so i doubt anyone would want to be with your dumb ass

George <3: leave him alone and don't contact him ever again 

vincent: This isn't the end.

George <3 has blocked vincent

I sighed in relief. Even though Vincent said it wasn't over, I had a feeling that I wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. At least now he knows that I'm not interested. "Thank you Clay."

"No problem. It's just infuriating when men think that their entitled to do whatever they want just because they asked. I'm glad this is all taken care of now."

"Me too."

---

It was about a week after Clay told off Vincent, and life had been pretty normal. 

I had just gotten home from work and was about to take a shower when I heard knocking on my door. I walked to the door, thankful that I was still clothed, and looked through the peephole.

I saw Vincent standing outside looking upset. I decided to ignore him and hope he would just go away. 

He only knocked more and louder. "George! I know you're in there! Open up you bitch!"

I was scared. He was banging on the door now and screaming at me. 

"Go away!" I yelled at him.

"Just let me in! I'm your goddamn soulmate!" He was yanking on the doorhandle aggressively. 

I called Clay. He picked up.

I whispered into the phone, "Clay, Clay, please come over. Vincent is trying to break in and I'm scared."

"I'll be right over, baby." Clay said, sounding grave.

I looked through the peephole only to see Vincent's eye staring right back at me. I yelped and jumped back, scared.

(fistfight starts here)

He started laughing maniacally. Until I heard him yell out in pain.

I looked through the peephole to see Vincent holding his jaw in pain, and Clay standing over him.

I opened the door. Vincent noticed and rushed over to me. I tried to back away as he punched my left eye. He kicked my knee, causing me to fall back. I hit my head on the doorframe as I fell.

Clay ran over, looking murderous. He pulled Vincent away from me, throwing him at the ground. Clay kicked him in the head. 

Vincent hit Clay's knee, causing him to fall, allowing Vincent to get over him. He punched Clay's stomach and nose. While Clay was sitting there in pain, Vincent got up and made his way over to me. 

I was just getting up, but he grabbed my head with one hand and smashed it into the doorframe. I cried out in pain, getting the attention of Clay. I then fell to the ground, holding my aching head. Vincent kicked my side while I was down.

Clay then rushed over and put Vincent in a choke hold. Vincent tried scratching and biting to get out, but it was clear he was getting weak. 

While he was occupied, I pulled my phone out and called the police (let's pretend the police aren't corrupt in this story). 

"Hello? A man broke into my house and started a fight with me and my boyfriend."

The dispatcher told me that the police and ambulance were on their way. 

Soon enough we heard sirens and the police pulled up. Clay let go of Vincent.

Vincent fell, taking in deep breaths. 

"Hands up! Everyone!" 

Clay and I put our hands up, but Vincent made a run for it. He didn't get far before the police tackled him to the ground and handcuffed him. They pulled him into a cop car and I explained the situation to them. 

They took me and Clay into an ambulance.