A Beautiful Day

It's the most beautiful day I have ever faced in my life. When I woke up this morning, I saw the calendar placed on the night stand near the bed. "Oh my god!" Just then I realized that I was late on my periods, when I said late it's very late because I'm late more than 20 days. Thanks to my bestie Ria who always insist me on keeping pregnancy kit in wash room since me and Will got to live together. I was nervous as hell since I didn't expect to get pregnant anytime sooner, because I'm only 23. And me and Will are being together only for 3 years. I went to washroom and took the pregnancy kit from the drawer with heavy heart. Don't mistake me... I'm always happy to get pregnant with the baby of my first and only love of my life anytime, but what if he don't want to have a baby yet? That's the only thing that bothers me a lot. 

I read the instructions in the package for nearly ten times before sitting on the toilet seat and let few drops of my pee on the plate of that kit. After wetting the whole plate, I closed the cover and kept it aside for 3 minutes as it's said in the instructions and I made an alarm for 3 minutes. My heart beats out of my chest for the whole time I was waiting for it to get over. It seemed like forever but it was only one minute when I checked the time in my phone. I started to feel wet all over my body because of the sweat. I felt like fainting and finally my alarm rang. 

My heart thunders in my ribcage and I don't know what is happening to me as I took the kit and looked at the result. My eyes started to get stained with tears and a certain kind of happiness arose in my chest. I felt butterflies all over my stomach as I saw two strips on the kit which describes that I'm going to become mom very sooner. The tears fell down freely from my eyes as I hugged myself in happiness and broke down in the washroom. I couldn't control my happiness and excitement which leads me to wet myself with the tears of joy.

It's the first time I'm going to have a family... A very real family. Yes. I'm Sara. Just Sara, without any surname. I was raised in an orphanage because no one get to know anything about my parents or anyone related to me. I got adapted by few families but after the wife got conceived, I was sent back to the orphanage. So I decided not to take any surname and to get a name for myself by my talents. I was not a very bright student so I decided to go to job once I finish my highschool. When I completed my highschool, I got out of the orphanage. 

Even though I didn't had any luck with having a family, I easily found a job at a grandma's book shop. That grandma even gave me a place to stay with low rent and I was very great full for her. I searched for more part time jobs and got two more decent jobs in a very short time. One in a bar, as a bartender. It's good because I can work there in night shift. I was only needed there after 7 pm everyday till midnight. And the another place is at a café where I have to work earlier in the morning between 7 am to 10 am. Everything happened to be perfect since the timing never get overlapped. In grandma's book shop my work is from 11 am to 6 pm only. 

Weekend nights gets crazier because guest comes into bar like neverending crowd. But my goodness grandma is very strict about keeping the store open for only 3 hours on weekends. These work schedule became my new regular activity and I'm not complaining about this too. My days were normal and lonely by myself. Ria tried to be friendly with me since day one I started working on her bar, but I didn't wanted to tangle work with friendship. 

After one year of working in her bar, after facing dozens of perverts ever week, me and Ria got closer. We become friends... I couldn't believe when she told me that she wants to be friend with me, because it's the first time I ever heard of someone wanting to get to know me. Since my childhood everyone hated me for not having a surname and for being an orphan. But I can't do anything for being an orphan, right? Ria started to share everything with me. Later I understood how much we were alike.

You might have no idea when I told you we were alike, but believe me when I say we were alike... totally alike like siblings. I had a long smoothly blonde hair while her's were black curly hair. It may be the dressing style and hairstyles that differs us, but some customers really got confused between us. It took us one whole year to realise how alike we were. We even went to get DNA test to check whether we are related to each other, but it came out negative.

"Baby! Where are you?" Her voice brought me back to the present from thinking of the past days. Ria knows the passcode of our house. She came to washroom after searching me everywhere to find me in tears on the cold bathroom floor. Her smile disappeared the moment she found me there. "What happened baby?" She rushed to me and hugged me tightly. I took some time to get back to my composure so that I can explain her everything, but she was worried to hell to look at me like that. "Do I have to kill Will?" She asked with anger and I started to chuckle because of the way she asked that.

"No!" I chuckled and hugged her again. 

"Okay. Tell me what's going on here. Immediately!" She asked with her Mama's voice. I silently showed her the pregnancy kit and her worried face turned into a very big smiling face. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" She shouted in excitement as if she got pregnant. "My baby bestie is having a baby in her belly!" She shouted with excitement as I chuckled in between the flowing tears. "You are going to be a mom!" She shouted again.

"Who's going to be a mom?" His sweet and amusing voice came from the bedroom. A moment later I found my man standing in the entrance of the bathroom with the expression which I can't name with anything, holding a brown cover on his hand.