CHAPTER 02: Tujhi pe mita hoon...

"Jhoothi mohabbat teri zaroorat

Badi zaleel sataana wah teri adaa

Nasha... tera...

Nasha... nashila nashila hai"

                           - Zayn Malik, Allah Duhai Hai (Cover) 

ONE MONTH, TEN DAYS LATER

BASU BARI, KOLKATA – 08:50 A.M.

Rishabh wore his maroon blazer which he paired with white button-down shirt, red tie, navy-blue checker blazer and maroon trouser, looking impeccable and suave as always then moved to pick his phone and wallet from the table, pocketing them exited his room. He was making his way downstairs for breakfast, since it was Sunday meaning everyone was late but he had an important meeting for which he needed to go to office for few short hours. He was passing his daughter's room but backed up few steps and pushed the door open to see his wife looking beautiful in red chiffon saree with white bell-sleeve blouse sat with her palms cupping her cheeks pouting on the bed. Beside her is his... or more like their five years old daughter now, Sneha or as they called her Kukki, in cute white dress holding her favourite stuff-toy is also sitting on the bed with identical pout.

He asked from the door: "What are you both doing here...?" his tone tinted with amusement at their cute antics, entering the room. They both looked up at him once before turning their face away from him with pouts and crossing arms over chest in stubborn gesture of ignoring him. He sat on the bed beside near Kukki asking again, "Arre what happened to you both...? Why am I getting silent treatment...? At least tell me the reason..." but still no answer and he prompted again, "Kukki Bachcha, at least you tell me..." and his daughter shared a look with her Mumma who gestured her shaking her head to continue ignoring which didn't go unnoticed by him. So, he turned towards his wife, "Prerna what is this, you are teaching my sweet innocent daughter to throw tantrums like you." which made Kukki to press her hand on her lips giggling while Prerna huffed at his teasing smile, turned other way angrily. He asked again, "Come on Biwi, at least tell me what I did to deserve the silent treatment... please tell me..." requesting since he wasn't liking being ignored by two important people of his life, even if it was playful.

Prerna glanced at him once and replied: "Today is Sunday and you were supposed to take us for shopping and we made so many plans for the day-out. And you remember, all Navratri shopping is still pending and not much time is there since Navratri is next month... hardly twenty days left. Also, it is our first Navratri after our marriage, sabke liye kuch na kuch shopping karni hai and I always wanted to do post-wedding Navratri shopping with my husband. See my husband here is going to office instead taking us for shopping, so we both are angry at you and ignoring you." then turned away stubbornly with Kukki also copying her Mumma.