Chapter 2

Louis POV

His name was Harry Styles.

I snuck my way back to where you could see the stage, I needed to know who this boy was and if he was good enough to stay. He was the next lad to audition and I was silently rooting for him to kill it. The lad tells the judges that he's Harry styles and that he's a 16 year old that works at a bakery. Harry starts to sing " isn't she lovely" and for some reason I was even more intrigued by him, his voice was angelic and he needed to be put through. The judges give him 2/3 yeses and I was in pure shock, I was excited that he got to see the curly headed lad more but he believes he deserves 3/3 yeses because he was way better than I was. I planned on sneaking away before he saw me stalking him but when I went to turn away he saw me and waved. Harry came over to me and I felt so embarrassed and knew I should've left a minute earlier. He was beyond happy after talking to his family and came over to me to ask me how he did. I was honest when telling him that he was one of the best he's heard and I swore I saw a blush creep on his cheeks. It was silent for a minute before I decide to say goodbye and go find my mum. He tells me that he'll see me around and winks and I'm starting to think this boy will be the death of me.

My mum tells me she's going to leave in a few minutes because it's a long ride back. It isn't until she's leaving that I get nervous and worried because I don't know anyone here, other than Harry. Maybe he'd be able to find him and hang with him, I'm hoping he would want to. It was later that night that Simon gathered everyone together for the start of boot camp. I was starting to get really intimidated watching all the people he'd soon compete with. At the same time though I was looking for a certain curly lad and it didn't take much time to find him because he was laughing with a group of people. My heart sinks in my chest because he'd never wanna be my friend, he's one of the popular kids while I'm just one of those nerdy theater kids. It isn't much later when Harry notices him and makes his way over to him and I have no idea what to do or say so I decide to act cool. Why does this lad make me feel this way?

"Hey Lou, do you wanna come meet some of the people I've met so far?". He called me Lou, no one ever calls me that and I kind of like it coming out of his mouth. I tell him sure, I don't want him to know that I'm shy but I want to be near him. We go over and he introduces me to everyone and they are all so kind and funny so now I understand why chose them to stay close to. Soon after, we're put into our living situation and I built up the courage to ask Harry to bunk with me and to me surprise he agreed happily. I want to keep getting through on the show with Harry so bad so that we can be like this for a long time.

A few weeks later and me and Harry are still here and I could not be more excited. There's been a little bit of sadness when thinking about how one of us will have to go home in the end. Since we roomed the first night we've been completely inseparable, we are best friends and I don't wanna lose him after this. I think he has the same thoughts so I write him a note saying that we'd find each other even if we weren't on the show. It's hard for me to even imagine my life without this lad anymore and it scares me but in a good way. Hannah (my current gf) has been calling me for days and I can't bring myself to ever answer. I do miss her tons but there's just some different feeling I don't know what it is yet. I can tell she's getting pretty mad about it but I've been distracted with the show and with Harry that there's hardly anytime to care.

We're at the elimination part of the show and my heart is beating way to quickly for my liking I felt like I was definitely the worst one here but I didn't want to leave Harry. We get to the last two people and unfortunately neither of our names are called and so we walk off stage without even looking at each other. I really don't wanna go home, I feel like my life's over and I don't wanna go to university. For some reason I'm trying to look for Harry to see if he's okay and I don't want him to cry. Simon then comes back and calls out mine and Harry's names along with three others. We go back on stage and Simon tells us that he's keeping us and putting the five of us in a band. Instantly I look at Harry and he's already running toward me into a big hug, in this moment I couldn't be happier.

The next couple of days were spent at Harry's dads place so we could all get to know each other before we had to preform. Harry and I just got to know one another much more in that week as we also made 3 more friends for life. We're sitting around a fire when I can't help but look at how great Harry looks and I look at him until he realized I was looking at him so I stopped. I was starting to think Harry is one of the most perfect people I've met. What did Harry think about me? It seemed like he liked me a lot we did everything together but somehow I wanna know if he liked me more than that. Why did I wanna know that? I have a girlfriend, Hannah, "you love her remember, she's beautiful and smart" I remind myself in my head.  The guys start to see that me and Harry close and they asked what was going on and Harry said "Louis and I are best friends" and for some reason that crushed me a little. Did I want it to be more?

Two weeks later after getting even closer with Harry I decided that I need to talk to him about their friendship because to me it was way different then just a normal one. Harry agrees and we go somewhere private so no one can hear. I think Harry is nervous or upset because he doesn't have his permanent smiles placed on his lips and all I can think about is I hope it's not because of me. I'm hoping this conversation goes well because if it doesn't I don't know what will happen between us. He sees that I start to get worried and he asks if I'm okay which I respond with I will be once I get this off my chest. For a minute of two I tell Harry how much his friendship really means to him and how he wouldn't trade it for the world. He nods and I continue to say for a while now I explain that my feelings have shifted in another way and that I don't see Harry in a friend way anymore and that I've thought about what it's like to kiss his lips. Harry definitely seems surprised by this but after only a few seconds he's wrapping me up in a hug and telling me he's felt the exact same and I couldn't be happier. "HARRY STYLES LIKES ME BACK !!" I shout silently. Now the question is where do we go from here and what am I going to do about Hannah?