Chapter 1: I can't stand him

Bethany's POV:

"Hahahaha! You are so funny, Adam!" I lied. He is so damn annoying. Gosh.

"Oh whatever Beth. I know you like me," he said smirking.

"That smirk of yours is-"

"Very attractive? I know! Indeed it is!" he said while laughing.

Ugh, I can't stand him!

"N- You know what? Nevermind!" I stormed into my bedroom.

I heard Brodie, my brother said, "My sister so likes you, Adam."

I'm Bethany Cataria. Beth for short. My brother Brodie's best friend happens to be the bad boy from school, the player, Adam Ridgeway. I seriously can't stand him. I can't stand him!

I layed on my bed looking at my phone on my desk. I was expecting a call from my best friend, Karina. Karina Fields. We've been best friends since the starting of middle school.

"Aha!" I said while my phone started ringing.

I leaned over to reach my phone but I couldn't reach it.

"Ugh, why is it so far from my bed?"

I saw Adam standing outside my door. Shit, I forgot to close my door.

"You're that lazy?" he asked me.

"What? I just forgot to close the door," I told him, still trying to reach my phone from my bed.

He came in my room and left the door open, thank god, and grabbed my phone for me. He hand it to me. I took it out of his hand.

"Thanks," I said to him fake smiling.

"You are sweet and innocent."

"I am, only to specific people," I said then clicked the answer button. Shit!

"You're too late. She hung up."

"Thanks to you," I said sitting up.

"So.. you're only sweet to certain people. Am I one?" he said while sitting down on my bean bag chair across the room.

"Nah," I replied getting up and putting my phone back on my desk.

"I'm not getting that for you again, Beth."

"You don't need to, Adam. I got it," I said standing at the door.

He asks me, "What are you doing?"

"Showing you the door. Leave my room now."

"I think I'll stay here. I'm comfortable," he said looking around my room.

"Well, I'm not comfortable. Go!" I said pointing at the hallway.

He got up and got close to me and said, "Anything for you, my princess."

I push him out of my room and closed the door. I can hear his footsteps down the stairs. Finally! Jesus, I can't stand him.