Her Story

Mia was in Grade 11, that year when her parents divorced. She knew this day would come sooner or later since she was used to her parents quarrelling almost every single day.

Mia's parents were actually a very loving couple before when Mia was still a toddler. Unfortunately, they started to have different opinions when Mia got into Grade 7. It was the most difficult time for Mia as she was taking the National Exam to get promoted into a high school to Grade 8. She cried daily during those chaotic periods. Eventually, her results came out horrendously poor that she ended up in a neighborhood school.

Both her parents were disappointed with her results and started blaming each other for not paying any attention to her and so they quarreled again. Mia could no longer stand the two quarrelling and yelling at each other that she locked herself in her room for consecutively three days.

Those three days were Mia's most emotional moment and cried with despair everyday. She did not eat nor drink up most of the time that on the fourth day, she suddenly passed out on the ground.

When her mum came to her room's door, she knocked for a few times. But not a single pitch of sound came from the room which got her mum getting worked up and starting to knock on the door harder.

Then Mia's dad came out from his study room and checked where was those loud noises coming from. He saw Nadia, Mia's mum, pounding on Mia's door non-stop and asked her what happened. Nadia answered panickly, "Mia is not answering me! I'm so worried about her because she has not been eating for the past few days and has been locking herself inside the room for almost four days already!"

Loui, Mia's dad, hurried over to Nadia's side and used his shoulder to knock down Mia's door. When her door collapsed onto the ground, Loui and Nadia came dashing in and looked around the room to search for Mia. Then, Loui saw his daughter lying on the ground beside her study desk. Immediately, he went up to her and tried to wake her up. But to no avail, she was hardly breathing. Mia's face was very pale and she looked very sick.

Nadia hurriedly called for an ambulance and sent her to the emergency department to get treated. After an hour, the doctor came out from the emergency room and assured Nadia and Loui that Mia was back to her normal state and was doing fine. Then, the doctor added on that she had passed out due to depression and starvation. So the doctor prescribed some medicine for Mia and informed her parents to take good care of her while she rests and recovering slowly from the stress.

Since then, Nadia and Loui tried not to quarrel with each other anymore and vowed that if they ever did quarrel again, they would not quarrel in front of Mia.

They were both doing fine until one year when Mia was 16, they quarreled again while she was still in school. This time, Nadia caught Loui having an affair with one of his colleague at work and Nadia could not take this shit at all, that she decided to get a divorcement with Loui.

As Mia came back home from school, Nadia came crying to her and told her about what Loui had done and after that, Mia also broke into tears and hugged her mum tightly.

That day, Nadia and Mia packed their luggages and moved into the Sinpora's capital city, Rivoule.

____________________________________

Credits to my dear Editor - Eryn (: