Roan x Reader - Long Live The Queen ( Part 1 of 3 )

I love reading Roan imagines and see almost none out there, so I made my own. Its clearly inspired by the plot in the scene above but I kinda put my own twist on it. I hope you like it! <3

"We should discuss this further in Polis soon." Clarke says.

"We should. I'll let Roan know." I say, getting up.

"Talk soon." She says, giving me a soft smile.

I nod and smile back. I say my goodbyes to everyone else in the room and leave for my trek back to Polis. I walk out of the Ark and immediately spot my mom waiting for me. I go up to her and give her a hug.

"God I miss you when you're there, Y/n." She says, holding me tightly.

"I miss you too Mom." I say, hugging her back.

It feels so good to be back in Arkadia, especially seeing my mom and my close friends. Skaikru doesn't come to Polis often, and when they do, it's usually just Clarke, Bellamy, and Kane. Sometimes my mom is able to come along, but most times I only see her when I come for meetings.

I force myself to pull away. It's always hard to say goodbye.

"Be safe okay?" She asks, her hands cupping my cheeks.

"Of course. Roan wouldn't let anything bad happen anyways."

It was a shock to everyone from every clan, that the new queen of Azgeda is Skaikru. Some disagree and some support it.

I was in the woods hunting alone, when someone tried to attack me. I guess I wasn't in Skaikru territory anymore. Before they attacked me, Roan shot them with his arrow. Weirdly enough, that's how it all started. I was going to Polis all the time to see him and two months later, he asked me to be queen. It was a shock and a lot of stress, but after lots of thinking, I accepted.

He's taught me so much, to fight, to defend, and most importantly, how to lead. I train with Ontari, who is a spoiled brat, but I live with it because she is a good fighter and like family. I visit Skaikru about two to three times a week. Sometimes for just meetings or just to visit my home and my people. It made an automatic alliance between Skaikru and Azgeda. Everyone was surprised that someone like him, wouldn't have ended up with someone like Clarke. I love him with all of my heart and honestly wouldn't want things any other way.

"I love you." She says, kissing my cheek.

"Love you too mom." I smile back.

She lets me go and walks me to the gate. I see my horse Hercules waiting for me by the other Skaikru horses. I untie him from his post and get him ready to leave. I put my foot onto the bottom of the saddle and hoist myself onto him. I look down at my mom and smile.

"Goodbye my Queen." She jokes.

I chuckle and wave. The gate opens for us.

"Home Hercules." I say, directing him out of Arkadia.

~~ A few hours later ~~

I take my time heading home, enjoying the scenery. It's overall quiet, other than the occasional bird, the leaves in the wind, and Hercules's hooves on the trail. I took a small break, visiting Niylah at her trading post like I usually do, and then left for the other half of the trek home.

I hear a horse neighing in the distance and stop Hercules. I wait for something, knowing Trikru typically doesn't have horses, and it could only be Skaikru or Azgeda. I immediately think Roan sent someone after me and I took too long.

I see the source ride up, stopping about five hundred feet ahead of me. Echo. She isn't alone, she's accompanied by two other guards. I know she doesn't like the fact that I'm queen and she makes it clear that she thinks it's wrong. I don't have to have the blood because Lexa does. As long as one clan's leader has the blood, the other doesn't have to. Lexa has it and Roan doesn't.

I quickly get uneasy, my mind going to a three against one situation.

"Hon daun haiplana!" She yells, riding towards me quickly. (( Take the queen! ))

Exactly what I was worrying about. My adrenaline kicks in and ultimately, my flight response.

"Yah!" I call, directing Hercules down a side path.

We ride quickly, hearing Echo and the guards a bit behind. I map out where I am in my head. We won't be able to get back before they get to us. Hercules hasn't had a break in a bit, even with taking our time. I take the left path and enter the clearing to the cliff. I hear the neighing behind me and look back. Echo rides in with her guards. They get off of their horses and I get off of Hercules.

"Echo, what are you doing...?" I ask, knowing just what she is trying to do.

"Making you queen was the biggest mistake he ever made, I'm only trying to make it right. Kill her."

The words awake the war drums in my head as the guards step forwards, unsheathing their swords.

"Remember who taught me Echo." I say, taking my sword out. "I don't want to fight."

"Now." She says to the guards.

They rush up to me, one swinging his sword. I block it, clashing my sword into his, and kick the other down. The first tries to hit again, and I block again. I see the other get up. He rushes me and I dodge him. I spin around to the first one and slice him in the stomach, causing him to fall to his knees. The second runs up to me again and I recognize his fighting style. I dodge him again and stab him in the back, literally. He falls and I look up to Echo.

"We can act like this never happened." I breathe a bit heavily.

She shakes her head no and takes out her sword.

"You wanna play that way? Fine, let's play." I say.

She raises her sword and ours clash. She tries another spot, but I beat her to it, again and again. She headbutts me and I stumble back. I bring up my sword in defense and she almost gets me, grazing my side with her sword. She brings it down low, in such a way that the only way I can block it, is with my hand. I grab onto it as she forces it onto me. My blood drains onto her sword as it cuts into my hand. I release my grip suddenly, causing her to jerk forward a bit. I take this opportunity to push her back. Our swords clash again and I see a big open spot.

I raise my sword and am halted. Everything in my body stops. My eyes trail down, my mouth parted open. I see her sword in my stomach, it going all the way through.

"Yu gon ple ste odon, 'heda'." She spits the last part.

I look up at her and see her smirk as she rips it out of my body. I clutch my stomach, most of my body still in shock, the only reason I barely felt it happen in the first place. It feels like it happens in slow motion. I feel the blood pooling into my hands. I stumble back, feeling the rock at the edge of the cliff hitting my boots. She looks shocked as I feel gravity pushing me off. I slip backwards off of the cliff, not in an accidental manor, but in a strangely natural manor. I feel myself fall, my consciousness and my life slipping away in the air.

~~~

I get awakened by a wet feeling on my hand. My eyes don't open, the first thing I notice after the sensation is the intense pain. It's too much to make noise. I move my fingers, them feeling like they haven't moved in hours, and recognize the feeling. Hercules licking my hand. I squint my eyes open slightly, despite them feeling heavy, and see pebbles and water and I remember what happened. All I know is that I have to get back before they think I'm dead. How aren't I?

I lift my head up and feel Hercules's muzzle brush against my head. I force myself to flip onto my back, the pain is unbearable. I stay like this for another moment, getting ready for the pain I'm about to face. I reach out and grip the bottom of the saddle, taking one step at a time. I push myself harder than I ever have and somehow get on him. I lay face down onto him, gripping the sides of the saddle like my life depends on it. It does.

"Home Hercules.... Take me home."