Alone

A/N This is a Marichat one-shot inspired by the song 'Alone' by Alan Walker.

Marinette was in her room again. Alone. Lila had once again threatened her. She had punched Marinette in the stomach and gave her a kick to the shin. Both her stomach and her shin had a big bruise on them.

Nobody had seen the bruise on her stomach only the one on the shin that Lila had said she had given her because Marinette was threatening her and punched her in the face. She had a very convincing 'bruise' on her face. Marinette suspected that a professional make up artist had done it for her.

Marinette had tried desperately to try and tell her friends that she hadn't done anything but they didn't believe her and told her to 'stop lying'. Adrien hadn't said anything to either of the girls so Marinette wasn't sure if she believed her or Lila.

Maybe Adrien does believe that I'm not lying, she thought. What am I thinking? Am I losing my mind? He would never believe me. What am I to him anyways?

There was a soft knocking at the window and as she looked up she saw Chat Noir. She walked over to the window letting him come in.

"Hey Purrincess, how are you?" He gave her a sweet smile that she had grown to love.

"I'm good thanks. And you Kitty?" Her smile was strained and Chat realised she didn't look very good. Her eyes were slightly red and there were dark bags just underneath them. She yawned stretching her arms. Her shirt lifted up slightly. Chat was shocked he could see a terrible, purple bruise which must hurt a lot. Why didn't she tell anyone she also had a bruise on her stomach?

"I'm good. Are you sure you're okay?" He asked concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah, why shouldn't I be? My friends are ignoring me and a girl is threatening and bullying me," Tears had started slowly dripping down her cheeks, "But otherwise I'm f-fine."

Chat reached out to wipe a few tears away from her cheeks. She leaned into his touch her soft cries turning into sobbing. He reached out to her and wrapped her in a warm hug.

"Never let me go." She whispered into his shoulder. "I feel so alone."

"Ohh Princess," He gently stroked her hair. "If this night is not forever, at least we are together. I would never leave you alone."

"I know I'm not alone, anywhere, whenever, apart, but still together. I have you. I know I'm not alone."

He gently let go of her. He cupped her cheek and stared into her mesmerising bluebell eyes. He leaned in giving her a sweet and gentle kiss. She gently kissed him back realising just how much she loved this silly kitty, her silly kitty.

They broke the kiss needing air. Their foreheads were touching, both of them never wanting to leave the other.

"If this night is not forever, at least we are together," He whispered to her, "I know I'm not alone."

"I know I'm not alone, anywhere, whenever, apart, but still together," She whispered back, "I know I'm not alone. Thank you for always being there for me Kitty, When no one else is."

She gently leaned back into his touch craving another kiss from her sweet partner. I'm not alone, I know I'm not alone.