Chapter 11: Wait wait wait

I always thought you'd come back. Tell me, all you found was heartbreak and misery.  (jealous👆)

Chapter 10: Wait wait wait

"It's a wrap!" The director finally announced after carefully assessing the shots taken.

Many of the staff could finally breathe a sigh of relief. They were excited to go home after a tiring day.

Cai Xukun quickly changed his clothes so he could also go.

Inside the changing room he could hear the staff make plans for dinner. Some were gonna eat at home with their families while a few were eating out with their partners.

It's quite ironic how they were already dating while the celebrity inside the changing room did not have someone he could call over for dinner except his brothers. I guess popularity has its ups and downs.

Cai Xukun came out of the changing room to see that they were already finished tidying the set.

He approached the director to give his thanks and bid farewell.

"It was brilliant as always. I look forward to working with you again." The director shook hands with him.

"Thank you for the praise. I still have a lot more to improve on." Cai Xukun answered back bowing slightly.

"There is no need to be so humble." The director replied smilingly at the youth.

"Thank you for today!" Cai Xukun also politely bowed at the production team in charge for todays magazine shoot.

They returned his farewell as he took his leave with his manager and assistant.

Cai Xukun could hear fans shouting his name as soon as he walked out of the building.

He acknowledged them by smiling and waving.

"Kunkun! Wo ai ni!" He commonly hear it often.

But not once was it from her mouth.

Protected by his bodyguards Cai Xukun made his way to their van.

Cai Xukun stared outside the window. Looking at the setting sun that enveloped the busy crowd with its warm rays of tinge orange.

Thinking of something Cai Xukun shifted his focus to his manager that was sitting beside him. Jing Li had been giving him glances as if he had something to say but can't.
Jing Li (*direct translation of manager. According to google😂)

"What is it?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Jing Li played fool for a second.

"Spill it already." Cai Xukun looked him in the eye and his darted around.

"Couldn't you be anymore obvious?"  Cai Xukun chuckled without emotion.

"Uhh. You see, it's about the invitation iqiyi gave you." Jing Li finally blurted it out.

"I think I told you already to reject that one."

"But it's a good opportunity for publication." Jing Li retorted.

"You know better than me that my schedule is already packed." Cai Xukun retorted back.  K. O.

"But-" He sighed and seemed to give up when Cai Xukun stared at him again.