Chapter 20

[note, the paintball gun that Meeps used was the same one from Mystery Warfare from Black Plasma Studios]

Razer's POV

I don't know how I should feel about what had happened the previous night.

I was angry at Ember, and yet I felt bad for him, but I couldn't understand why I felt bad for him, maybe it was because I had a similar experience once.

I was walking around, not knowing what to do, when somebody used a paintball gun on me, causing clay to go around one of my legs, which made it pretty much impossible to walk now that my leg was stuck.

"Hey! What's the big idea!" I yelled, before I saw who it was.

She waved at me, smiling, and I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Meeps! You're okay!" I said.

Meeps ran over to me, and helped me out. "Sorry," she said. "But I had to try it."

I grinned. "Aww, looks like you got a pup!" I said, noticing her little wolf pup. 

"Yes, this is Draemen," she told me, proudly. 

"Look, Meeps, I'm sorry for pulling that arrow out," I said. "I... I wasn't thinking, and I ended up killing you because of that."

"We all do foolish things, Razer," she told me. "Things we regret. You tried your hardest to protect me, and that's all I was asking from you. Even though I died, you still tried your hardest, and that is something I can't fight. I don't blame you for pulling out the arrow, you only did it because you were trying to help, and when we panic, sometimes we end up making things even worse. But I forgive you, Razer, besides, I got to talk to my brother Andrew for a little while. And he wanted to thank you for keeping me safe."

I smiled. "He really does trust me, doesn't he?" I asked.

"He does," she said, softly. "Now, I have an important message for the others, can you bring them here?"

I nodded, and ran off to get the others.

It took me several minutes of convincing them to come, but they finally agreed. And despite being worried and upset about Stella's departure, they were still happy to see that Meeps was alive and well.

"I ran into Stella yesterday," Meeps told us. "She wants you to know that she's okay and that she's sorry for leaving but she wants to be alone for a little while. She told me to tell you not to go chasing after her and getting hurt in the process. She says she'll be back eventually, but she's not sure when, but she will return one day. She says she loves you Rain, and that she misses you, but she doesn't want you to go after her."

Rain looked upset and ready to protest, but Moon stopped him. 

"Thank you, Meeps," she said. "Rain, we need to respect Stella's wishes, right now," she whispered. "She's upset, and she wants her own personal space right now."

Rain glared at Ember. "Yeah, no kidding," he said. "And we know exactly why she left."

Ember looked away, genuine remorse on his face.

I met Meeps's eyes, and she looked thoughtful and began to study Ember's expression, before nodding. She had already connected the dots, despite not knowing what had happened, much to my surprise. And then I remembered how high her intelligence level was after being struck by lightning, so of course she would have figured it out by now.

"I'm sorry," Ember whispered, not meeting Rain's eyes, but I could see the expressions of remorse, fear, and sadness in his eyes and his voice. "I really am, and I know you don't believe it, but I am truly sorry."