t w e n t y s i x | anxiety

it has been a long day of searching and going through multiple police stations. but all of these stress i am having is incomparable than what is eun going through right now. she must have been very alone and scared.

-flashback-

"fuck it" as i was about to kiss her, she cried. i took my quite off guard, but it took me back into reality. she has a family already. and i shouldn't be doing this to her, especially when she's not on her right state of mind.

she tugged on the hem of my shirt, shaking in fear. "sanha.." she mumbled. she sniffled and shivered in fear even more. "i miss you sanha, where are you.." then she plopped down to the couch, exhaling while tears falling down on her cheeks.

i decided to carry her bridal style to her room and place her on her bed comfortably. "ugh its hot." she said, referring to her outfit. as she was about to undress herself i stopped her, letting her know that i'm still here with her. "eun-"

"whyyyy? why don't you undress me then? it's uncomfortable and i want to rest." she mumbled again, choosing whether to fall asleep or stay awake fighting her drunken state. what she said made my cheeks heated up, i have never undressed her in any occasion or under any circumstances.

"i give whoever you are the permission to undress me and change me into my pajamas." she said again, not realizing that it was me who drove her here. silly eun, giving permission without knowing the person, someone could have taken the advantage.

i laughed and went over to her wardrobe, taking out the pajamas that was already placed on top. and while i was undressing her, i looked away once in awhile because it feels wrong to do this. she sometimes even scolded me because i couldn't unbuttoned her shirt properly.

once i was done, i tucked her neatly inside the covers and turned on the air conditioner so she wont get hot. i glanced over at her one more time and smiled before i go back to my own place. but just as i was about to leave, she grabbed my hand softly.

"please stay here."

one sentence that shattered my whole heart. i don't have a choice but to softened up. "okay." i said. she then let go of my hands and drifted to sleep.

i looked over to chenle whose shoulder is being used as eun's pillow. "oh you're back. the rest have left, its just me now." chenle said quietly, trying not to wake her up from her sleep.

"you can go back now, mei must be waiting for you. i can look after her." i said. chenle nodded and gently placed eun's head on the couch pillow. i hugged chenle tightly and sighed. "thank you for taking care of her." i said.

he only chuckled. "hyung, i still treat her like my own blood. we are all in this together okay?" he replied, returning the hug.

after that we bid goodbyes so it left me only with eun who is sleeping soundly on her couch. i smiled softly and went to sit next to her. i lifted her head gently and placed it on my lap. i caressed her hair, admiring her beauty.

"you must be scared." i said, whispering. tears started building up inside my eyes. looking at her on this state truly breaks my heart. she doesn't deserve this trauma and no human being should ever feel this way.

"im sorry i have ruined your life eun." i looked at her pale lips. she's weak and i really can't stand seeing her like this. i then took a deep breath.

"i will keep you safe. i promise."

•••

[ chenle's pov ]

as i was driving through the cold night, the notification from my phone disturbed me. i looked over to see who it was just to notice that it's from an unknown number. i furrowed my eyebrows while looking at the message.

unknown number
let's play a little game

what is this bullcrap?

you
who is this?
you
how did you get my number?

unknown number
would you rather have your dog get thin
unknownnunber
or have it killed to end its suffering

that question genuinely send shivers down my spine. i decided to not answer it anymore and have the number blocked. i had enough with people messing with my phone number. i'm not letting the past repeats itself.

i then quickly drove back to my own place from the anxiety. when i finally arrived inside my own flat, i sighed. i locked the door almost immediately. i then went over to my room and to check on mei.

but she was no where to be found.

the anxiety builds up even more than before as i searched through the whole apartment. the tap on my should made me jumped to the roof just to see that it was mei looking rather confused. "are you ok-"

i hugged her tightly, not letting her finish her sentence. "chenle are you okay?" she asked. i thanked to god that she's still here safe and sound. "was there anyone coming here today?" i asked, feeling more than just paranoia.

"just minsu, she's checking up on me because jisung went to eun's unnie place too." she explained, not taking her eyes off me. "was there anyone else?" i asked, caressing her head gently. she only replied by shaking her head. i hugged her one last time while sighing.

"have u taken your medicine yet?" i asked, since mei is still sick. i could literally feel the warm temperature from her body on this cold weather. thank god she is wearing thick clothes to prevent her from catching another cold. "yes i have. don't worry." she giggled, followed by her snuggling onto my chest while hugging me tightly.

i smiled. "good girl." i placed my chin on top of her head because of her small height which makes her even more cute.

•••

"daddy, im scared." mansoo cried.

"i know baby i know. daddy will get us out of here okay?" sanha said, looking over at his child behind the prison bars. sanha feels nothing but rage and broken hearted, seeing his own child witnessing him being handcuffed behind his back like this.

a child should never feel the way mansoo is feeling right now. "are you going to be okay?" he asked quietly. "don't worry about me baby. i'm okay." sanha gave him a fake smile to calm mansoo down, and it worked. even from all of this happening, seeing his own son still smiling even when he's crying made him so proud.

"we are going to be alright."