3

Manhunt. A survival game where the hunters try to kill the speedrunner as he tries to beat the Ender Dragon which is supposedly the end of the game.

The hunters have a device that respawns them no matter how many times they die.
But the hunted on the other hand doesn't.

It's all basically a game of cat and mouse. Putting actual human lives on the line.

Depending on your skill, experience and education, they would appoint you to the hunter or hunted.

If the hunters managed to kill their target, they would be sent back to their district, having been given fortunes to improve it. Those who have failed to complete their task would be either exiled or executed. No in-betweens. It would be always up to chance but most usually get executed.

The hunted would be previous hunters who have shown true improvement or are very skilled first comers. The people that failed the goal of killing the Dragon, would be killed right then and there in the game. But however, if they did complete the task, they would not only get the resources the hunter would receive, they were also given the option to leave. They could either go back home and improve their district or leave for good with all the things necessary to survive.

It was truely a cruel game. Who Even Thought This Was A Good Entertainment?!?! The contestants had no choice. Everyone knew no outcomes were good for them. It was either Kill or To Be Killed.

________

George's Pov

A screen popped up as me and my teammate, Sapnap, were teleported into the game. We were met with a vast field and a dark forest behind us. Along with two other people who I guessed were our targets.

One wore a lime-green, long sleeve hoodie, blue jeans and strangely enough, a white mask with a poorly-drawn smiley face on it, which covered everything but his mouth. He was tall and had dirty blonde hair.

The other was a girl with long white hair that went down to her thighs and turquoise eyes. She wore a long-sleeved white shirt and a short-sleeved purple jacket that only reached to the middle of her chest, on top. Moreover, she wore black shorts with a belt that had a place to hold a sword.
[My character's confusing, I know
(ー_ー; )]

"This year's hunters will be George N. Found and Nick S. Naple! Both are from District 11, they maybe new but they are both very skilled to take on this challange! Good luck boys!

And I'm sure we all know the notorious Dream W. Taken! Whom we have yet to see the face of and are all invested in his skills, stamina, strength and agility!

Speaking of agility, we can't forget about the infamous White C. Moon! The ice cold, expressionless speedrunner! Known for her agility,
Iregular movement, fighting skills and schemes!

They have both individually been the targets of many unsuccessful hunters, will their win streaks continue? Or will they meet their demise? We'll find out in this game.

Now, you might be wondering why there are 2 runners. Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, This Is The FIRST EVER DOUBLE MANHUNT!!! Get Hype, Dear Viewers, This Game is about to be one of the Best games in History!!!

But first, as we always do, we'll give them 15 minutes before the games begin. Good luck to all players and we'll be back with you shortly."

The large screens disappeared with the voice. Leaving the four of us alone in the the deserted arena.

The blonde sighed as he took off his mask, putting it at the side of his head.
"Hi, My name's Clay but call me Dream."
The girl smiled brightly and said
"White! Nice to meet you!!"
They both greeted.