Friends

———————————————————————————

Neji had left the hospital and was walking in the direction of the barbecue shop. He suddenly stops when he realizes that someone is following him from a distance.
———————————————————————————
9:30pm

"Byakugan.!" Neji turns around and try's to find the person who is following him. He is surprised when he sees the raven haired uchiha standing at a distance leaning against the nearest wall looking at him with his sharingan activated.

Neji on alert stares at sasuke not knowing why the last uchiha is picking a fight with him. Sasuke knows that he has no way to defend himself, but still has the nerve to back him into a corner like this. Not knowing what else to do neji decides to speak and ask what sauske wants.

"Sasuke, why are you following me." Neji says sternly.

Not speaking, sasuke decides to closes the distance and walks towards neji. Once he is at an arms length in front of the hyuga, he speaks. "I came here to ask you something." Said sasuke with his eye browns frowned.

Byakugan still activated, neji doesn't respond to sasukes statement. He waits for sasuke to ask his question but never takes he's eyes off him. Neji wants to make sure he is able to dodge an attack if the uchiha try's to strike at him.

Seeing that neji is on alert, sasuke decides to deactivate his sharingan. "Look hyuga, I didn't come here to fight you. I know you cannot use ninjutsu. I wouldn't attack a person who has no way of defending themselves. Besides I have a reputation to uphold, how do you think it would look if people saw me attacking a weakling like you."

Annoyed now, neji frowns his eyebrows and stares at sasuke with hate in his eyes. Sasuke can see that the vains in nejis eyes are more visible and he looks even more upset. Smirking sasuke looks at neji and speaks again. "Like I said hyuga, I didn't come here to fight you. I came to ask you some questions."

"What could you possibly want from me sasuke?" Said neji. Taking a deep breath and frowning his eyes sauske asks neji.... "what is sakura to you.?"

Confused neji stares at sasuke and try's to comprehend what he just asked. Taking some time to think, neji deactivates his Byakugan and looks at sasuke.

"She is my friend. She is the one person who is always there for me when I need her to be. As I am to her as well. We have been through a lot together in these last 2 years. So I value my friendship with her. Why do you ask.?"

Sasuke not knowing what to say looks at the hyuga. He is lost in his thoughts as to what to say next, but decides on another question.

" have you ever loved her.?" Asked sasuke.

Turning around neji looks at the view in front of him and smiles. Sasuke annoyed looks at the hyuga and waits for him to answer his question.

"It's funny that you ask me that question. The reason I say this is before Sakura had left for her journey with you she asked me the same thing. I didn't think nothing of it at the time, but now I understand." Turning back so now neji is facing sauske he looks him in the eyes and continues speaking.

"Before Sakura accepted your journey request, she was with me. She asked if I had ever loved anyone and I told her yes. I told her of the women I intended to marry and how I would make her mine. I told her how I felt about my clan, my lover and myself. But she never mentioned why. Now I know. She was asking because she wanted to know if she would break my heart if she left with you." Sauske furious looks at neji debating if he should attack him. But decides against it. After a short silence and intense eye glaring neji speaks.

"I have never loved Sakura sasuke. I have only had my eyes on one person since we had came back from the war. I made her my partner in life and she gave me the greatest gift of all....a child. So you can drop this controlling behavior you have going on. We are just friends and that is what it will stay like until the end of time. I love my wife and I look forward to my future with her." Neji steps away from sasuke and starts to walk towards the direction of the barbecue shop but before he leaves he decides to say one last thing to sasuke. He turns around and says "She truly loves you sasuke...I have seen her through most of her downs and somehow she has survived the ordeal you have caused her. So why don't you do what's right and love her back. If you truly value her, show it already." Satisfied with his statement neji walks away leaving sasuke to himself.

He stands in the same spot thinking about the ordeal that just took place. Not knowing of what to do next sasuke decides to walk to the barbecue shop and see where the night takes him.