First Chapter

"Gun, are you ready? The van is almost here." Off said to me as he carried our suitcases outside.

Today, Off and I are going to a beach resort. We are supposed to invite some friends but Off decided otherwise.

We desperately need this vacation. Our relationship has gone a bit blurry. At first I didn't want to admit that, but now I decided that its better to fix it and not just pretend that all is well.

"Yes, I'll be right there in a minute." I responded to him while hurrying in our bedroom to look for my sunglasses.

I passed a couple of our pictures on the hallway and stopped. I smiled. We looked really happy together.

After all this time, after all we've been through, he still doesn't fail to make my heart beat wildly everytime he shows his playful grin.

I took my phone from my pocket and snapped a photo of our old photograph hanging in the wall- the one where my head is on his chest and his hand on my head.

We hardly do these kind of stuff. I don't know why, but we are hardly close to each other these days. Sure, we still sleep in the same room and eat at the same table, but things are different. We became distant emotionally. I almost never call him Papi anymore.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he looked at me, concern flooding his eyes.

"Yeah, just a bit sleepy." I admitted.

We have been travelling for five hours now and the air-conditioning is making me drowsy and chilly.

"Here." He said, beckoning me to lean my head on his chest.

"You're shivering." He muttered. He must have noticed when I leaned on him.

He was about to tell the driver to turn off the air conditioner but I stopped him.

"I can endure it.You don't have to worry about me."

His answer made my heart skipped a beat.

"How could I not worry about you? I care for you that's why I worry."

Then he took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulder.

"At least keep this jacket on. It's an indirect hug." He smiled and gave me a wink.

I looked at him earnestly in the eye and whispered,

"Thank you, Papi."

I don't know if it's the jacket on my shoulder or the fact that our bodies are close to each other, but I felt so warm and loved, truly.