Third Chapter

Evening came, and we decided to take a stroll in the seashore for a while. Off and I still aren't sleepy, so we figured a little walk would be nice.

The moon outside is round and full, its light illuminating the whole place. Torches perched on long sticks have been thrusted in the sand, and the alluring music from the nearby ukelele-playing band delighted our ears.

I held my breath. The mood of the beach seemed so romantic.

I felt like I've seen this before.

We passed some gorgeous ladies on their swimsuits taking photographs of each other.

"You are melting those girls with your gaze." I retorted.

Off flashed an innocent smile.

"But I'm just looking!" he answered.

"Yeah right. And if I weren't here, you would already have their numbers." I said.

True enough, two of them approached us. A lady with red swimsuit keeps on looking at Off.

"Hi P'Off. It's so nice to see you here. Can I take a picture with you?"

Off shot me a glance. I excused myself and proceeded to walk away. And no, I'm not jealous. Just a little irritated, that's all.

I glanced at them. The two girls were laughing, and I saw Off smiling too. Pssh.

He caught up with me after a couple of minutes, although it felt like an eternity had passed. What did they talked about? Why did it took him so long?

"Hey." he said and nudged my shoulder.

"What?" I said, glaring at him.

"You sound mad at me. Did I do something wrong?"

I walked faster.

"Well, I don't know."

"I just talked to them, that's all. They asked why we're here, and I told them we're on a vacation together. Then they started discussing other stuff like our series." he explained profusely.

"Why are you explaining? I never asked you anything." I said, without looking back.

He grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him. A few moments of silence passed. Finally, I spoke.

" I just thought that you're happier with them without me. Plus, I'm a little irritated at the way they looked at you.So I left."

He laughed softly.

"If I haven't known you for a long time, I would have thought you're jealous."

Normally I'd deny it, but since we're here to fix our relationship, I decided to let out how I feel.

"Is it bad to get jealous when there's girls around you?"

"So you are jealous?"

I turned my gaze away.

"I don't know. Maybe? I guess... a little bit." I replied.

He gave me a bear hug. When he finally released me from his arms, he was grinning ear to ear.

"What's that for?" I asked,blushing.

"Cause you told me exactly how you feel, like you always did before. I'm so happy for that."

I rolled my eyes while smiling. So cheesy.

He clasped my hand before walking again.

"And about what you said earlier about me being happier with those girls."

"Hmm? What about that?"

"Even if that was true, though its not, my heart would still belong to you and only to you."