Kat, Sherlock and Mycroft

Sherlock and Kat were playing chess. Without even glancing at the board for longer than 10 seconds each time.

'Pandolfini.' said Kat simply.

'What?'

'Pandolfini. A checkmate that cannot be forced. Both of us can't move.'

'Oh, right, I knew that, I was just checking.'

'Don't try to be clever, Sherlock,' came a voice behind them, which they immedietly recocnosed as Mycroft.

'Mycroft,' said Kat.

'Kat, Sherlock.'

'Who let you in?' asked Sherlock emotionlessly.

'Mrs Hudson.'

'Oh.'

'Why have you come here?'

'I have a thing I need to talk about. Perhaps the both of you could get down to the mystery of the disapearing people.'

'Sounds boring,' was Kat's reply.

'Kathrine Grace! The whole British nation depends on it!'

'Queen and country,' said Sherlock.

'What happened?' said Kat yawning. 'I'm not getting out of this flat until you tell me why I should come. And I won't let you two outside as well. I know exactly how my brothers work.'

'Well, I'll take a seat first.'  said Mycroft.

'Please, do,' said Sherlock. 'I  was bieng tortured in my own home.'

'Nobody likes a cleverclogs, Sherlock.' said Kat.

'You know I am your older brother.'

'And that gives me license to boss you and Mycroft around. So Mycroft, here is the deal. you tell  every single detail you have about the case, I give a rating out of ten -'

'While I get completely ignored.'

'Sorry - Sherlock and I give a rating out of ten, and we won't try and solve it unless it is eight or over.'

'Or until my flatmate, John, arrives. He is the medical expert. So, Mycroft, begin.'

'