Chapter 2 {2}

John Knox: men will never bow to the weaker sex!

Mary: and they will suffer greatly for it.

"Do you know about the worst feeling that you can feel? Is it when something bad happens to someone you love? Is it when you fail in something that you actually studied for?

It's when you look around yourself and see that everyone around you loves you, but no one likes you.

It's when you understand the fact that everyone already has an opinion about you before they've even met you, it's when you know that you trying to speak to them is like speaking to a wall, it's like punching a wall, you know that all that you'll be left with is dust and pain." Lola finished her internal monologue. She had started to do them more and more like she was hoping that someone would hear her invisible words.

She watched as everyone in the hallways walked past her like she wasn't really there. She had been standing by her locker, observing the students, trying to understand what might have been troubling them.

That was the only thing that she found calming, her knowledge of the fact that as broken as she was, there would be another person that was worse than her.

She zoned back in and turned around, opening her lake green locker. She was in ripped jeans, a flimsy but summer type beige white sleeveless shirt and some sneakers. She left her hair curly hair open, she didn't understand the point of trying to tame her crazy hair.

There were polaroid pictures in her locker, pictures of her and her friends. She took a deep breath, knowing that she had to live up to her friends who were the only ones who cared about her without asking for anything in return.

She checked her time table, she had French first. She closed the green locker but then turned around to a scene happening in the middle of the hallway, a few lockers away from her locker.

Brooke James. The class's very own bomb. She had a very bad temper, she would snap at the littlest of the things. But, she was one of the people Lola knew best.

Brooke's temper was the only flaw about her, other than that she had a very kind heart and both Brooke and Lola hated the same things so they were bound to be friends.

Brooke was screaming at Jackson, Jackson Ryder. She couldn't see what was happening exactly so she made her way through the crowd surrounding Brooke and Jackson. Jackson had surrendered his hands for a moment but then he started to point fingers at her again.

Did she mention that Brooke has a small temper? Brooke screamed a curse at Jackson and walked towards the crowd.

Brooke walked towards Ashely James, her sister who was standing in the front row of the crowd. Brooke grabbed a water bottle from the opened side of Ashley's bag pack.

The crowd, thinking the fight was over started to walk away slowly but then Brooke went over to Jackson, the idiot who was still standing in the same spot. Brooke had a stern look in her face and Ashley's glass water bottle in her hand.