❤❤12❤❤

I walked up the cobble stone path, my hand clasped in Sinthia's. Roses lay idly in my other hand. I looked at the names on the standing stones. But none of them, the one I wanted.

I walked straight to the back. Under the dying willow tree, stood a headstone.

Avalon Malydia Grace.
1996-2012
The Girl at the Back of The Library.

I had her grave stone carved. Her parents paid for it but they simply knew too little about their own daughter to know what to put on it.

Three years later and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Her witty comments. Her smile. Her laugh. Her.

You can't change that past, but you can alter the future. Malydia just never got the chance.

Sinthia let go of my hand and walked down a separate row of head stones, to her fathers.

I placed the flowers on the grass covered bed, as a tear excapes my eye. I look up and blow a kiss, towards the overcast sky and whisper the words.

"They say first love is the most magical yet it hurts the most. They are wrong. It isn't the love that hurts. Its the aftermath."

Three years after her death I still miss her. I promised I would never forget about her and I haven't. I've healed.

I've healed my love for The Girl At The Back Of The Library.

The End