The Beast Inside

He stood on the balcony of the old hotel room he had rented, a rusted steel fence, about waist height was the only thing between him and the cobble stone road, apart from eight stories of air. "I must end it" he repeated pitifully, "I can't, I won't be responsible for this any longer" you would expect anger, but only exhaustion was felt. He went inside to have a shower, clear his thoughts. He was a sturdy man, broad shoulders, wide stance. He couldn't remember the last time anyone saw his face, he thought about this as he stared deeply into the mirror, small drops of cool water sliding down his pale forehead, between his deep green, emotionless eyes and the strong bridge of his nose, making effort over his beautifully prominent cheekbones and settling for a short time on his quivering, red lips only to slip down his chin, lunging itself onto the discoloured, tiled floor. He could feel himself changing, transforming into the creature, no, monster he once willed himself to be but now was determined to stop. His green of his eyes dissolved into nothingness, seemingly falling into the abyss of black that was his pupil, like the water droplet down the hungry drain. His face was the same but different aswell, primal, fierce, dangerous. His auburn hair turned as dark as a raven, he witnessed all this as though he were a passenger in his own body, no control over himself until it reached a certain point of disembodiment that he was no longer there, just this beast, this monster and the man it once belonged to was now its slave.