Vendetta

This is for CommunityInteractive writing contest "W10: The Ripple Effect" contest.

The metal door swung open as a two individuals walked in: An Asian male and African female. Both were dressed in corporate wears, with the exception of a suit and with the presence of badges latched to their waist. The female carried a file close to her chest, placing it on the desk while she took her seat. The male stood at the corner of the room, staring towards her direction.

"Pleasure meeting you again, Detective Jones" a calm voice spoke. A man was sat opposite her, his face tranquil. He was dressed in casuals and his striking blue eyes suited his dark skin. His expression placid regardless of the fact that his wrists were bound to the desk by handcuffs. He turned his head to the figure at the corner of the room "I can't say the same for you Detective Derek, looking quite grumpy so early. Didn't get some from your wife?" He joked

Derek matched to the table, eyes filled with hate and socked his squarely on the jaw. His head whipped at the impact and blood dripped from his busted lip. He spat at a mouthful of bloody saliva and laughed "Atta boy, you've gotta hit a lot harder than that"

The woman finally spoke "Enough Derek" eyes commanding leaving no room for argument. Derek scoffed, moving back to the corner from which he came. She stared at the man seated across her, looking for at least a crack in his jovial expression.

"Nickolaus"

"Detective Jones"

"Are you willing to speak?"

"What's there to speak about detective?."

"On the disappearance of Dave and Howard Smith"

"Over this again. Have you even investigated properly? I was unjustly dragged from my home and detained here for over 96 hours with no evidence if I may add. I've been nothing but cooperative and understanding even though macho man keeps pummeling me like a sack at every chance he gets. I have rights you know Detective" he spoke calmly, delivering his words with accurate precision.

"Your daughter was involved in an accident caused by Justin. The mother demands justice or closure if you know where they are"

His expression turned to one of pain then anger

"Don't you dare speak of my daughter. Where was your damn justice when her death was swept under the carpet 2 years ago. For what money? Power? Connections?. You have no darn right to utter a word about her. After that incident I have lost all possible faith in the legal system" his chains rattled as he slammed the desk "I'm done speaking to you detective. I demand to be released."

His countenance became one of indifference as he leaned backwards eyes closed signalling he was done with the interrogation. Unknown to the others in the room, his mind replayed events of the past.

-------------------------

3 MONTHS AGO

"Urggggghhh" Dave moaned, struggling to open his eyes. A burst of pain coursed through his body, as he tried to move his body. He was suspended in the air, his arms and legs bound, wrist tied and hooked to the ceiling. He tried pulling himself up to take in a mouth full of air, but his arms were already tired and he lacked strength on his upper body so he could only dangle whilst trying to steady his breathing.