« thirteen »

Jaemin was soaked in custard. He started panicking as he saw everyone looking at him and laughing. His face and hands burned. He ran past everyone as hot tears spilt down his face. He could hear everyone laughing and whooping at him. He ran past the long hallways until he reached the toilets. Jaemin turned on the tap and desperately tried to rinse off the custard from his body. It didn't work.

I don't have any extra clothes.

Jaemin heard a creaking noise. He entered one of the cubicles. He lowered the seat and sat on it while hugging his knees. He didn't want those people to see him. He heard the whole conversation.

"Did you see that Mark?" said, someone.

"Yeah, I did babe," responded the other person.

Wait. Mark and Donghyuck? The two boys from Dynamite who are rumoured to be dating? Well, I guess they ARE dating.

"The Trousers Accident got 126 likes and the Custard Catastrophe got 268 likes," sighed Donghyuck.

"I don't understand how anyone finds that funny. Jaemin could've gotten seriously injured this morning," answered Mark.

"Thankfully Jeno helped him. I feel so bad. Everyone kept pushing to see what was going on, otherwise, I would've helped," pouted Haechan.

"If we interfered, the twins would've started targeting us and would reveal us dating," Mark told him.

"The twins are thinking of acting nice to Jaemin to get closer to Jeno," Donghyuck said.

"I think so. I can't believe they would tell everyone about Jaemin's dad though. He must be so upset," Mark responded. "Jaemin should've never told Renjun in the first place."

"I know right. That's why they met up yesterday. Renjun told Jaemin that he had a dentist appointment. He must be feeling so betrayed."

"They're so rude. They even make fun of her liking for Kpop and say that it's trash."

Donghyuck looked offended. "I seriously hate them so much. Hopefully, they get in trouble."

They both left the toilets and Jaemin felt nauseous. He couldn't believe what he heard. But what shocked him the most was that Renjun told the HTs his secret.

Why did he betray me?

Then it all made sense:

Renjun doesn't want to be friends anymore.

He could hold the pain no longer. He opened the cubicle door and stepped out. He fell to the floor in a dishevelled heap as his grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

Jaemin left the toilet after wiping the makeup on his face and swollen eyes.

What am I supposed to do? I don't have spare clothes. I guess I'll have to ditch class then.

As he was walking to the boys' changing room, he felt someone grasp his wrist.

"Hey, you OK?"