« twenty »

It was Saturday. Another day of Jaemin being alone in his room. Just him on the windowsill. Taeyong and Jisung were out in the front, gardening, and Jaemin was reading a fan-fiction, as usual. He had found an interesting one called 'Black Shield' which was a JeonghanxSeongcheol story. He was reading and suddenly stopped, looking out at Taeyong. He wasn't mentioning meeting people at classes, and Jaemin hoped it stayed like that. He got distracted by the sound of a van pulling up outside. He looked up.

It's not Johnny's van.

It was a camper, decorated with multicoloured swirly patterns and flowers. That sparked up Jaemin, interest: no one around them had anything interesting like that. He sat up and pressed his face against the window. He drew back almost immediately when he saw Johnny get out of the passenger's side- and Jeno followed, climbing out of the back. Despite not wanting to have anything to do with next door, Jaemin couldn't help but feel intrigued. He pulled the curtain forward and used it as a screen to peep out from.

Who has driven them home?

As if reading his thoughts, a super-pretty, tiny young woman came round to the pavement side. She was smiling warmly and talking to both Johnny and Jeno, gesturing at the house. She had long, brunette hair that shone in the sun. Jaemin was trying to puzzle everything out. Jeno never mentioned an older sister.

The young woman lifted her hand to shield her eyes and looked up. Panicking, Jaemin immediately threw the curtain across the window, and in the process, he lost his balance and fell off the windowsill.

At least no one is here to record me, Jaemin thought as he rubbed his elbows.

He was picking himself up and started rubbing his leg where he hit the corner of the desk as he fell when he heard the ominous sounds of the front door slamming and the thunder of brotherly footsteps on the stairs.

"Jaemin, Jaemin, Jaemin!" Jisung shouted, erupting into his room like a very small and annoying volcano.

"Where's the Hyung?" Jaemin questioned.

Jisung rolled his eyes. "HYUNG, you gotta come down, Jeno Hyung's mum is here!"

Jeno's what?

Jaemin decided he wasn't going to give Jisung the benefit of seeing that the news interested him.

"So?" asked Jaemin with a yawn.

"Soooooo," Jisung responded, his eyes gleaming. "We've just met her outside and she has the COOLEST van! And Johnny invited us round to their house to meet her. Dad says you have to come." he giggled. "I hope I get to go to the van."

"Yes, that'll be so much fun," replied Jaemin sarcastically.

Puzzled, Jisung looked at him. "You have to come. Dad said so."

Taeyong chose the precise moment to appear in Jaemin's doorway. "Yes. We have all been invited. Hurry up!"

"OK, OK!" Jaemin grumbled, flinging his phone on the bed. "I was coming anyway," he muttered.

Why is he in such a rush to go around?

"Wait!" Taeyong exclaimed. He stopped to check his reflection in the mirror and sighed. "Let me fix myself first." He ran to his room, his gardening cardigan whipping up a draught as he went.