-- Chapter Four --

The light of the sun peering through the clouds just barely, shining through the window's blinds awoken Byakuya from his deep slumber. 

He opened his eyes one by one until both were opened, rolling onto his side with an exasperated groan. Followed along by a pitiful effort to push himself up and grab his glasses on his bedside table. 

Togami stared at the balcony glass doors from him and Maki's bed.

Speaking of which. . .

Byakuya, after a while of staring at the abundant amount of mountains that danced with the suns glow and shadows, disappearing in and out of sight, and of course, yawning for a few minutes on end, went to go wake up the sorry excuse of a human he had to share a room with at the HQ.

(Probably referring to Maki)

He yawned once more, tears of tiredness blurring his already terrible vision. He stretched his hands up to the ceiling and then paused, his head turned towards Maki's side of the bed.

It was empty.

A perplexed look crept onto his pale face and he swatted a gold lock of hair out of his face, moving aside the warm and comfy bedsheet, sliding out of the bed. Togami glared at the clock propped onto the wall and it displayed:

9:04 A.M.

Byakuya looked at the spot where Maki was supposed to be sleeping still, since she was usually the last one to get up, and then he suddenly heard a voice.

". . . " He slowly turned his head towards the room upstairs.

Singing. That's what he heard.

 More specifically, an assassin who also happened to be a caretaker, who also happened to be his roomate's voice. Singing.

He blinked a couple of times in disbelief and a smile appeared on his face, and he walked towards the staircase, venturing upward. He wandered across a couple of doors until he stopped at a door, where it was apparent where Maki was singing.

"...I hope your soul is changing... changing... I hope you find your peace, falling on your knees..." Togami heard muffled singing from the other side of the door he was standing in front of. He reached a hand out to the doorknob to open the door but he paused halfway, listening to his roommate, Maki, sing passionately.

He contemplated not opening the door, and leaving her alone, but then he also remembered how she dragged him into painting, of all things, so he decided he wanted revenge.

No one forces a Togami to do anything...

He thought snarkily to himself, before slowly opening the door, as quiet as a mouse, to prevent her from hearing him.

Right as he peaked his head through the door, a humourous sight had began to unfold right in front of him.

It was Maki, holding a hairbrush in her left hand, held up to her mouth, her pigtails let loose, letting her long hair fall to her sides, with a black tanktop and dark red shorts  on, with mismatched yellow and orange socks on. Her hair a complete mess, and barely noticeable eyebags formed under her bright eyes. 

She was screaming a song, completely oblivious to Byakuya, who was staring wide-eyed at her, trying to process what the heck she was doing.

Harukawa kept screaming a bit more of the song, jumping around a bit, and dancing around to the tune, still not noticing Byakuya. 

He chuckled lowly and entered the room, propping himself up against the wall and watched her with an amused look plastered onto his face.

She continued, and after a while Togami picked up on what song she was singing. A bit annoyed she still hasn't noticed him, Byakuya decided to sing along. Well, more like, speak along.

"Praying." He finished the song for her, and clasped his hands together in a lazy effort. 

Completely startled, Maki screeched and spun towards the boy, and during that, she slipped on a conveniently placed blanket on the marble tiled floor, and fell down.

Byakuya stared at her for a couple of seconds, before breaking out into laughter. Maki flashed him an annoyed look, another song blasting on the speaker. It was the Hamster Dance Song.

He gave her another death stare, about to question why that song was in her playlist, but before he could ridicule her any further, she grabbed the cuff of his cardigan and pulled him down onto the floor with her. Byakuya yelped as he fell onto the floor beside the girl and she began bursting out into laughter aswell. 

Togami stared at her with a dull expression, and Maki shut up for a couple of seconds, a bit scared of him. He gets pretty angry when he has his 'tantrums' so, she decided to be quiet. But then, he began laughing too, and she continued chuckling.

The laughed and laid on the floor for a few more minutes, just making jokes with each other, Byakuya actually loosening up and having a genuine conversation with her. This was surprising, but at least they got some fun out of it.