[2]

"Alright, what did you do this time?" he asked with an exasperated expression on his face. What?

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Agreeing to get away-- no pleading to have your engagement annulled with the boy whom you've been in love with for years just isn't right. You did something didn't you."

I could straight up hear the accusation in his voice. "No I didn't," I said. "Lies. You're not the type to simply back down Aura. No Coleman is," he deadpanned.

Coleman's were annoyingly stubborn...

"Can't you believe that I'm sick of his shit," I said. "I've been his fiancee for years and we both knew it. And yet he chose to get close to another girl despite knowing how much I cared for him."

Time to sell it. Tears rolled down my eyes. "Do you know how much humiliation I've suffered thanks to him. Our engagement was publicly known and yet he chose to ignore me. Even if Emma was in the wrong, I would be the one to feel his wrath. It makes me hate him even more."

Nico's expression changed in an instant to worried and he quickly hugged me. "I'm sorry," he said as he hugged tightly. "I shouldn't have judged you like that." I continued crying for a short while then I eventually stopped.

I sniffled as we parted. A scary aura enveloped Nico. "I should make that bastard pay." A minor villain stands no chance against plot armour! "No! You shouldn't!" I quickly said. "Why shouldn't I. He hurt my baby sister to the point that she cried. Along with that bitch"

It was well known throughout the novel fandom that the villainess rarely cried. This info was actually released in the characters fact book. I coincidentally heard this from my best friend who wouldn't stop pointing out facts from the cursed thing.

I sniffled once more. "Leave them alone. I don't want to be involved with them nor do I want my family to be involved with them too." Before he could protest I gave him puppy eyes which worked.

He sighed. "Fine. As long as it makes you feel better but if he does try something please let me have my chance." I can see why Aurora and Nico got along. Their sibling bond was quite strong. "I promise."

I gave him one last hug before leaving the room. Once again I let fictional logic guide my feet (because that just makes sense) as I thought again of my situation.

'At least my father is going to annul my engagement with the male lead but I can't help but be worried. He did mention something about a price for this. I honestly hope that it's not another engagement, but with fictional logic you never know.'

I came out of my thoughts and found myself in a spacious garden. It was large and beautiful. The design was also amazing. To think this is now my property too.

As I walked I found a fountain up ahead. I sat on the ledge of it and looked around. I couldn't help the sigh that came out of my mouth.

This truly is a beautiful world. The sky was clear and blue, along with the sun shining down on me. Though it wasn't too hot nor too weak.

I closed my eyes and smiled. Days like this were rare for me. Or at least I didn't notice them. During my old life I mainly focused on school, family and my novels while failing to notice the world around me.

It's times like these, that I regret doing that. "Young miss," said a voice. My eyes opened and I (ungraciously) got up from where I was sitting.

What was to be expected. A voice coming out of nowhere when sitting on a thin ledge while not focusing on balance. That is a straight up recipe for disaster.

I turned and saw a Butler there, in a suit in such weather. "Your father is calling for you," he said. I nodded. This must be Reinzer. He has been the family Butler for years.

I smiled gently. "Could you please guide the way?" I asked. Good thing is that Reinzer did not question anything. Welp, with Aurora's original personality, I'm not shocked.

He led me back into the large mansion and straight to my father's office. He knocked on the door and we waited until father finally let us in.

"Thank you for bringing her here. You can go Reinzer." Reinzer did as he was told. Leaving just the two of us.

"Sit down Aura," said father. I did so (might I add on one of the most comfortable chairs that my butt has ever graced).

"So. I will be going to cancel the engagement tomorrow. Do you have any doubts?" asked father. I shook my head vigorously. 

"Okay. I can see you are eager. But as I mentioned before there is a condition for this." I waited to here the condition. "You have to be engaged to someone else."