Chapter 3

The soldiers reached the edge of the room. The leader held up his hand, the group stood waiting on his word. He looked at Kaplan nodding at him. Suddenly the handheld device Alyssa had began beeping. She quickly muted it before it echoed. However this didn't stop Alice from staring in her direction.

Alyssa quickly moved away from the open vent hiding herself. She sighed before opening her handheld. The screen had been completely red with the projection of the Red Queen. Alyssa put her earpiece on and unmuted her.

"Terminate intruders," The Red Queen ordered.

"Why would I do that?" Alyssa asked irritated, all she wanted was to leave. The place had become a more expensive grave rather than facility. The Red Queen shut the vents leading to the exit.

"If i lose primary power, I will lose control of this facility," The Red Queen said. Alyssa fought the urge to hit the vent, she laid back and began looking at the group. Her thoughts plagued by the different methods of termination.

"If I do this you will let me leave, no bullshit either," Alyssa demanded, she waited for a moment. The computer had all of the power to stop her from leaving. If she wanted to leave she needed her held. Then the projection stared at her before glitching.

"Terminate intruders, including the unidentified individual," The Red Queen said. The screen shut off leaving Alyssa alone. The silence was loud, until the soldiers began speaking among themselves.

          "Dining hall B, that's what it says on the map," Kaplan said walking further into the room. He typed into his handheld device before holding out his arm. The leader stayed behind him looking at his screen.

         Alyssa quietly moved through the vents, she stopped when she reached the closest vent to the floor. Below the vent was multiple boxes and barrels filled with extra parts. She quietly opened the vent before jumping down.

       "Maybe you're reading it wrong," J.D said looking down on Kaplan. It hadn't been his fault, the Corporation had kept the real map under lock. While keeping quiet Alyssa quickly moved closer to the group. She had debated which person to take out first.

       "Maybe the corporation has a few secrets. Something you're not supposed to see." Matt said staring at their leader. They remained silent, they knew what he meant. Even as soldiers they knew about the secrets Umbrella kept from everyone.

       "Sir, halon levels in this room are nonexistent, the system malfunctioned," The Medic announced. The leader turned to her nodding.

      "J.D, you and Rain keep the prisoner here and secure the exit." The leader ordered.

"Yes sir," Rain said, she pushed Matt to sit down on a crate. The rest of them moved closer to the leader waiting on his next word. Alyssa almost felt sorry for the group. She stopped when she felt eyes on her. Her eyes dashed to the vents above, light reflected off the mask of the individual inside the vent.

"Give me a search line, but keep it tight." The leader ordered. Alyssa glared at the masked individual, they stayed still until they opened the vent. Once it was open they dropped a bag. The thud caused the group to look in Alyssa's direction.

"Did you hear that?" Kaplan asked. Alyssa quickly grabbed the bag before running behind the boxes. The group ran over like seagulls attracted by food. They stood around looking for any indications of where the sound came from.

"Check for heat signatures." The leader said nodding at Kaplan. Alyssa carefully opened the bag, inside was a few guns along with a small earpiece. She almost put the earpiece in, but something screamed at her to be weary.