Part 9

-"Hoseok" you abruptly sit up, heart beating fast and sweat forming on your temple. You look around and see Jimin on the floor, sleeping with back rested on the pillar and right across him was your mom. “Eomma" you call her. “Hmm” getting startled she wakes up.

-"Ommo Y/N" she quickly rushes beside you. “Is your fever finally gone?” she presses her palm on your forehead. “Thank god it's gone. I was so worried about you" she pulls you into a hug and cries on your shoulder. “Y/N" you look to the left and see Jimin who was looking at you with wide eyes.

-"I'll make you some porridge hmm" she release the hug and caresses your cheek as she sniffs. “Umm” you nod while smiling. “Are you feeling well now? Let me see, is there any rashes left" Jimin runs toward you and pulls up your sleeve. “They are fading away" he sighs in relief and looks at you. “Did it take long for me to recover?” you ask.

-"It took you 4 days, can you believe” he exclaims. “Oh” “Oh? Only oh? We were so worried about you. In fact the whole capital was" Jimin raises his voice. “Ahh so everyone knew" you nod. “And that farmer left you this" he takes out a clip and keeps beside you.

-"My clip" you look at it. “Umm, he said you dropped it in the field" he nods. “Can you help me escape?” “What?” he furrows his brows. “Just for an hour, please. I need to see him" you plead. “But your abeonim” he worriedly says. “Please Jimin-si, please" you clasps your hand as you close your eyes.

-"Okay I'll think about it"

-You quickly open your eyes and look at him. “Really?” you grin. “Umm” he nods. “Thank you Jimin-si, thank you so much” you instantly hug him and both of you fall on the floor. “Yahh leave me, it’s suffocating” he taps your shoulder. “No, I'll hug my friend like this" you shake your head.

-"Princess…..oh my god. I'm so sorry”

-You and Jimin both look up and see your mom with a wooden tray on her hand. “Eomonie" both of you then look at each other and quickly get up making your dress. “Are you done?” she clears her throat. “Yeah” both say in an unison while sitting on the knees.

-"Where are you going?” -"Oh god" you mutter and slowly turn back to see your dad with his butlers

-"Oh god" you mutter and slowly turn back to see your dad with his butlers. “Your fever just got down, then where are you leaving?” he slightly raises his voice. “We are going to take a round of the capital. I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission” Jimin bows down.

-"No, it's fine. If you're going with her then it's totally fine" your dad quickly waves his hand and you thin your lips. “Please excuse us" Jimin looks up and nods. “Yeah sure sure" your dad too nods and then Jimin looks at you.

-"Let's go" he holds your hand as he pulls you toward the field.

_._

-"Hoseok-ah" you shout on top of your lungs when you see Hoseok sitting alone with his lunch at the same place, down the shadow of the tree. “Hoseok-ah” you again shout while Hoseok thought it was just his ears ringing. “Hoseok-ah it's me" you cup your face and again shout. Hoseok looks around to check if he actually was hearing your voice.

-"Your highness" he quickly gets up as his eyes go wide when he sees you with Jimin. “Should I come?” “No" you shake your head, eyes fixed at Hoseok. Pulling up your hanbok, you run toward him like you were in a race and you have to win to get your trophy.

-"Hoseok-ah" you grin, eyes filling up with tears. As you approach near him, you instantly pull him into a hug. Both Hoseok and Jimin looking at each other in shock. “Thank god it was just a dream” you sniff as you snuggle on the crook of his neck. Baffled Hoseok didn't know what to do and stayed still.

-"Yahh aren't you going to hug me back?” you sniff as you say. “Ah?? Yeah yeah" he nods as he blinks his eyes and hugs you back. This time even tighter and he too buries his face on your shoulder. “I was worried for you" he says, face completely buried on your shoulder and hands griping tightly on your waist.

-"I love you Hoseok-ah” you confess. The sudden confession was so unexpected that he instantly pulls himself away from the hug. “It’s true, I love you. I can't deny my feelings. In fact I am not good at hiding my feelings" you shake your head as you sniff.

-"What about you? Ahh I'm sorry" your mind takes you to a flashback when he said he was still figuring out about his feelings for Sonmi

-"What about you? Ahh I'm sorry" your mind takes you to a flashback when he said he was still figuring out about his feelings for Sonmi. “I’m sorry" you look down as you take a step back. Hoseok not knowing what to do, he looks at your dejected face. “If you think I like Sonmi then no it's not" he finally speaks and your head shots up at him, a beam of light hitting inside your heart.

-"I finally figured it out, she is just a friend and you" he thins his lips. “Me?” you happily ask. “You're something else, but we can't be together"

-It felt like your whole world crashed down along with his words. “If it's because of our position then please don't do it. Hoseok look at me just like a normal human being" you plead.

-“I did, but our relation will never work. One day anyhow your father will find about us and then he will forcefully marry you with someone stranger and about me? I'll be stabbed to death or maybe even worse. I don't want to leave my mother alone in this world. After my father passed away, it's only me for her and I can't leave her this soon" he explains.

-"Selfish" you shout at him. “I can figure it out, we can run away from here to somewhere where no one will find us. I'll take care of you and your mom" tears threating to fall you express your heart. “Y/N why don't you understand. There's no future about us" he was about to step closer to you.

-"Stop right there" you extend your palm. “Only step forward if you are ready to run away with me" you look at him, tears falling down one after one. “Please don't do this" he mumbles. “Do as I say" you shout. “I’m sorry" he takes his step back and you got your answer.

-You dejectedly turn on your heels and proceed forward to your palace

-You dejectedly turn on your heels and proceed forward to your palace. “Y/N” Jimin calls, seeing your tearful eyes. “Let's go" you mutter while clenching your fist. Jimin looks at Hoseok who was looking at your figure with the same pain that you had on your face currently.

-Jimin kept on following you from behind while you walked toward the palace with slow steps, head hung low and tears soaking your cheek. Right then, you hit a stone and lost your balance. Before you could land on the dusty ground, Jimin quickly pulls you toward him by your waist.

-You now look up at Jimin's eyes and sniff. “I can give you my shoulder" he weakly smiles. Chin trembling, you whimper and lay your forehead on his chest leaving a loud sob.